ppor for sale

hi lizzie
does look like a nice place.
couple of bit of advice to give to the real estate.
give a map of where it is in Australia or to the sea etc
and the other is the one I see at the bottom telling sales history for the area.
not that I am in the market for a home or ip as you know but it will help to sell it maybe not here but people that go to the site.
the other is it need to have a reason for sale on there.
if there is not one.
make one up.
transfering overseas is a good one for that type of well kept property.
beloved house not wanting to sell moving inter state is another.

just a few pointers

thank gr ... the ad did mention the lake, but not the ocean so good point ....the agents know we're moving to a new home closer to the kids schools etc so i guess they'll pass it all on. all good buyers should ask that question.

i must admit - i posted it on this site because i was so thrilled at how the photo's came up ... and i'm kinda proud of the house.

won't be sad to leave tho - onto the next project. :D

Cool Pool !!!
Looks great.

Not being critical of yours specifically, but don't those split air conds look terrible ?
Would be great if they managed to design something more slim lime that didn't stand out like a sore thumb add on.?
Guess the alternative is the duct in the ceiling.

Walls are hanging pictures on imo.

Kevin

only on the market one day and already had a good offer ... not quite enough but getting close. they're coming back for a 3rd look today.

Wow! What an impressively clean and well presented home. That always makes the world of difference to buyers, Lizzie. My motto when selling your own place (IP or PPOR) is Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
May your buyer god appear very soon and keep us posted :)

Incidentally, why haven't you decided to give it a go at selling yourself?

we needed a quick sale, cause have already committed to buying elsewhere, but arranged a 4 month settlement (that can be bought forward) and the agent has people on their books who are looking to buy.

i agree, jacque, i can't believe how many photos i see of properties for sale where their is clutter all over the floor and the pool is full of leaves ... i'm vacuuming the pool every day so that it doesn't look like a leaf trap (which pools are), and so that it presents really well and giving the house a once over twice a day to pick up the dog fluff and dry the sink - last time we moved house i will never forget the agent ringing to ask if they could bring someone thru, only to be ringing from the front doorstep and the house was a bombsite.

got in trouble with the teens today for, thinking they had all left, cursing at the top of my voice for them leaving their clothes on the floor, only to hear a little voice from the bed saying "all you had to do was ask" - opps.

Great looking place lizzie.

If this is what you're selling, would love to see what you're buying.

Hope you get that buyer soon.

Regards
Marty

Congrats Lizzie...how wonderful for you. Did you get the terms you were after? Now tis full steam ahead for the new PPOR...and a great relief I guess too.

thanks folks - it is a lovely home and will be sad to leave it. that is why we took so long finding somewhere else - because it had to be at least as good as what we were leaving to make it emotionally worthwhile to us.

the new place is significantly closer to the cbd with beach and ocean views (in fact you can see the nye fireworks from the deck - newcastle not sydney!!), is a little dated but with a few dollars spent on it can improve it's value by at least 4-5 times what we spend on the reno.

we won't have photos until january - was private sale so didn't have anything on the net.

very exciting.

Congrats lizzie! The market can be up or down, but a quality property like yours will always go quickly I reckon :) Those pics are fantastic!

- Dave99

Back