Practical Steps to evict tenant after court decision

I have court decision twllingt tenant to leave the property but they wont go so how do I get them to leave? I am in Queensland.:eek:

IF you have an order of the tribunal - contact the local police and advise them. Write the the tenant to tell them when you want the property handed over. Meet with the police on site. Pre-arrange a locksmith to change the locks.

Try to talk to the tenants as amicably as possible to prevent them returning and spitefully damaging the property.

If you need more help - PM me

Hi Laura

IF you have an order of the tribunal - contact the local police and advise them. Write the the tenant to tell them when you want the property handed over. Meet with the police on site. Pre-arrange a locksmith to change the locks.

Try to talk to the tenants as amicably as possible to prevent them returning and spitefully damaging the property.

If you need more help - PM me

Thanks that seems like rational advice and I will take that to action and let you know the outcome. I do appreciate the offer to email you but wont trouble you unless I run into a blockage. You would not believe some of the legal advice I have had on this subject.

Lura

:eek:
Thanks that seems like rational advice and I will take that to action and let you know the outcome. I do appreciate the offer to email you but wont trouble you unless I run into a blockage. You would not believe some of the legal advice I have had on this subject.

Lura my apologies re misspelling your name!!:eek:

Have things changed, the former tribunal, sent a copy of the order directly to the police, and they would contact us upon receipt, and we would then all work together. I agree with talking to the tenant, and doing all you can to keep them as on side as you can.

Hi Peterw

Have things changed, the former tribunal, sent a copy of the order directly to the police, and they would contact us upon receipt, and we would then all work together. I agree with talking to the tenant, and doing all you can to keep them as on side as you can.

The tenant is already in combat mode so keeping them on side does not seem to be an option. The court obviously sent a notice to the RTA as my PM has already received the bond even though I found out yesterday that the court had actually given the tenant until 21 April to move out in recognition of special circumstances and the Easter break.

For the bond to have been awarded, I would have thought, that would have been part of the application. I dont think they just do it. Sorry, my thoughts of keeping the tenant on side was perhaps hopeful thinking. Does not sound like you received a full copy of the tribunal orders, which would help. Also sounds like, if they have been given a move date, you have to reaply for eviction if they dont, and then the police get involved. Hope it all works out reasonably well for you.

Post Eviction Report

Hi Everyone as promised I provide some feedback re the outcome of the eviction of the tenant.
1. The tribunal outcome seems to be identical to the advice from Lura i.e. the PM sent a request to the police to attend the hand over day. I chased up the PM 2 days prior to the day and he discovered that the police had not bothered to read the request and did not act on it even then. The tenant had apparently talked to local police prior to the notice and that may have made some impact. The tenant decided to move out the weekend after the Wed deadline.
2. The tenant did leave the property in clean condition and just left the keys in the meter box so avoiding any irritation however did take some of my property with them as a last gesture.
3. I am seriously thinking of letting the property myself in future.

Regards to all and thanks for the helpful advice.

Back