Pretend that you are a tenant of your own PPOR

Go home to your PPOR tonight. Pretend you are actually a tenant in someone else's house. Now make a list of all the teeny tiny things that you would ask to be fixed if you were a tenant!

I reckon I have called plumbers/electricians/handymen to my PPOR about 3 times in the last 4 years.

I reckon they're coming to my rental properties so bloody often that they have them saved as a favourite in their sat navs!

aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh

JB

Go home to your PPOR tonight. Pretend you are actually a tenant in someone else's house. Now make a list of all the teeny tiny things that you would ask to be fixed if you were a tenant!

I reckon I have called plumbers/electricians/handymen to my PPOR about 3 times in the last 4 years.

I reckon they're coming to my rental properties so bloody often that they have them saved as a favourite in their sat navs!

aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh

JB

reduce the threshold the pm can spend without your permission
and assess each call out more closely ?

For me it depends on the condition of the property when I BEGAN the lease, if there were problems that were there at the beginning then I would ignore them and say "that's the condition the property was in when I signed the lease" but if the problems developed during the lease then I'd want them fixed.

And TBH it would probably depend on what I thought of the agent, if they were a pain in the ar$e I'd probably be more likely to complain...

Great - now I wonder if my high maintenance tenant's think I'm a terrible PM lol.

I rent, I know that it's my responsibility to let the landlord know about maintenance. I just send my PM an email every 6 months and say "it's not bothering me and don't care if they don't fix it but just for your records and so the landlords aware......" That way I'm covered and the landlord has all knowledge :). If my hot water system blows then I want that fixed though!! :D

Back