Previous Sales Data

Hi Kamak

Many brokers can run a Residex for you, which may reveal the last sale price.

Some states are a bit precious with showing the data to NON REA people though

ta'rolf

Just took a look at the title document/info on a property I'm looking at with the info that you're asking for, and the headline is "record of administrative interests and information" with a breakdown of valuer generals price at various intervals, as well as a list of sale prices/dates in the bit that says "transfers" which presumably was compiled everytime someone paid stamp duty on the thing - and some references to the Land Title Act - so it seems logical for you to give the department of lands (or whatever it's called in your state) a call and they'll sort you out on who you need to be in order to access that data

Hmm haven't used this for a while - it was rpdata, or something similar.
SMS the property details, and within 5min previous sale prices are sent through. Excellent for a single property. Around $4 per property from memory.

"Sold" properties on the two main sites frequently does not reveal sold price, or only gives a range (the middle of this is usually around the sale price).

Both sites give a list of some of the recent sales with addresses on the search page or individual listings, and some of these have an active link to the add which may not reveal price or address on the actual listing.

onthehouse.com.au is reasonably good, but they are still trying to solve a few gremlins in the system. If you can't find a listing under the street/suburb search under the "reports" tab, try on the home page as sometimes it can be found there. I think you need to subscribe to access the "reports" tab which makes searching easier, but good value for next to nothing.

As the general auction results pages only show metro and outer metro, you can search all towns by going to http://www.domain.com.au/public/SalesHistory.aspx?mode=buy&searchterm which also shows more of the recent sales.

I might be a little slow but have just looked at the RPData site. Is there a way I can pay to search the history of any property of any suburb over a really long duration?

Back