Problems with quotes - and other stuff

If it has I can't see it anywhere. I have internet explorer. I will have a look around and see if I can get it up. I have been using Word to check spelling but then get too lazy abou opening up Word and not worry about it.

geoffw said:
I had a colleague who lost his house in those fires. He was insured with AAMI- and was very very happy with their level of service.

He stayed with his parents that night- AAMI had a fully furnished apartment for the family the next day.

Julie, you're not the only one who might need a spell checker.

21sotp.jpg

Only SOTP I know of is the Sex Offenders Treatment Program ;)

Can someone please tell me how to get the quotes to sit nicely in the pretty grey boxes. As you can see by this thread when I do I stuff it up!!!

How to "quote" others

G'day Julie,

Can someone please tell me how to get the quotes to sit nicely in the pretty grey boxes. As you can see by this thread when I do I stuff it up!!!
I hadn't seen you "stuff it up" at all. It's common to see " [/quote]" at times (but not in YOUR replies...)

In short, if you want to quote others (i.e. stick things in pretty grey boxes ;) ) then you start the quote with "quote" in SQUARE brackets and end, where you want, with "/quote" also in square brackets.

As you can understand, if I SHOWED this in operation, you wouldn't get to see the mechanics of it (except as "in pretty grey boxes" which wouldn't help at all ;) )

By the way, the same applies to bolding (b and then /b in square brackets) and italics (i and then /i in square brackets).

Hope that helps :D

Regards,

Les said:
G'day Julie,

["quote"] I hadn't seen you "stuff it up" at all. It's common to see "
" at times (but not in YOUR replies...)

In short, if you want to quote others (i.e. stick things in pretty grey boxes ;) ) then you start the quote with "quote" in SQUARE brackets and end, where you want, with "/quote" also in square brackets.

As you can understand, if I SHOWED this in operation, you wouldn't get to see the mechanics of it (except as "in pretty grey boxes" which wouldn't help at all ;) )

By the way, the same applies to bolding (b and then /b in square brackets) and italics (i and then /i in square brackets).["/quote"]

Did it work this time I wonder????

julie070358 said:
What the hell am I doing WRONG guys!! DOH DOH AND DOH!!!!
Les's post had a [/quote] thingy in the post- so when you quoted his post, it finished the quote before you expected it to.

Go back and edit the post you made- you may be able to see it then.

geoffw said:
Les's post had a thingy in the post- so when you quoted his post, it finished the quote before you expected it to.

Go back and edit the post you made- you may be able to see it then.

Ok now is the pretty grey box visible?? (julie get it RIGHT this time will ya!!)

julie070358 said:
" at times (but not in YOUR replies...)

By the way, the same applies to bolding (b and then /b in square brackets) and italics (i and then /i in square brackets).["/quote"]

Did it work this time I wonder????

Or to make things a little easier........just press the quote button at the bottom of the post you want to quote and it does it for you automatically. :)

Why do men like to make things so complicated??

Last edited:
Back