Professor Sepius nefas claims Property Burst this year!

ah right - dunno, not going to read 10 pages of drivel to clear my head, I was getting confused with that other bloke, the only bubble left guy and the discussion of self confirming loops of thought etc etc - a lot of the bubble and trubble threads are sounding the same :eek:

LOL! True!

I start reading some of them, then the usual suspects join in and make it go round in circles so much it does my head in. I stop reading at that point and just check back occasionally to see if there is something worthy of my time.

Now I am confused.. I took your post as being directed to Professor Sepius (being myself as the poster) if thats not the case then not sure what or who you were referring too... Also not sure if you were also playing along i.e. given the "professors" outrages claims i.e. not being true...

Either way apologies, just got a little tired of this thread having so much negativity and pointlessness.

Take care..

not sure why I was quoted in regard to that post??

yeh don't mind me tcocaro... I'm not sure who I was referring to either :) Life's too short to get stressed out by an internet forum!

I think you'll find it's because members of SS who have been around for a while have heard these same arguments, over different years, put forth in the same manner, by brand new members each time who then ride off into the sunset and have grown quite weary of it. Perhaps you'll be the exception and stick around if your predictions don't come true. :)

Perhaps not. :rolleyes:

Property crash in Australia? I figure every quarter where property increases at about the same level as inflation reduces the risk of a crash happening.

Yea well in the papers the experts are predicting a crash. Also interest rates won't be increasing much more due to the impending crash...

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/12/02/1101923231645.html?oneclick=true

...and quote form that article's opening line...
House prices in Australia could fall by as much as 10 per cent next year with the latest price index showing a fall for the first time in four years, one of Australia's largest mortgage brokers said today.

so... this a "crash"....?:confused:

Just trying to say there'll always be extreme views, no matter when. How often are they correct? I guess if you keep saying it at some point you'll be right. It's like my father who told me the stockmarket will crash in 2001. He got it right eventually in 2008, and said "told you"

Yea in fact they fell in 2008, and last I heard actuaries have worked out there's a 95% chance there's a crash around the corner in 2011. I guess the guy is sort of right then

Wishing you godspeed, I'm trying to sell but market's already tanking and I'm stuck with my crappy assets

Back