Project Homes Builder demands money on top of the $4000 deposit when I cancelled

No I did not try to say anything smart.

I just sticked to the fact that my case is still early in the whole process. In addition, according to the fixed price contract, there was no clause which allows the builder to claim the extra cost.

I also requested copies of the actual invoices showing how the cost had incurred and as they decided to waive, no invoices were sent.

Hello

Just an idea maybe not an option anymore but if they have done things like a survey of the site that should be usable by the next builder regardless of the plans would it not be wise to try and get your hands on them and get the new builder to use them and reduce your price?

Hello

Just an idea maybe not an option anymore but if they have done things like a survey of the site that should be usable by the next builder regardless of the plans would it not be wise to try and get your hands on them and get the new builder to use them and reduce your price?

Thanks Smallbuyer. I've tried that. However the previous builder said they could only supply the survey in pdf format. The new builder requested dwg format. The previous builder said I would have to contact the surveyer to pay a fee to have the dwg format supplied. The new builder needs some extra information so I would have to pay a bit more to get the surveyor to come back to the site anyway. I am waiting for the new builder to confirm exactly what other information they require.
But anyway, thanks for taking the time to pass on the tip.

Back