Properties I can't have

A little bit higher than 77....

The $ 330 psmpa is woefully under market rental.

Back of the fag packet, I'd do something like this ;

Expected Rental from NLA : 18,777 sqm * 800 psmpa = 15 MM p.a.

Rental from carbays : 78 * 600 pcbpm * 12 = 0.56 MM p.a.

Total expected rental = 15.56 MM p.a.

You'd be doing well to get a nett yield of 7% right in the heart of the CBD....cannot get 8's.

15.56 / 0.07 = 222 MM.

Maybe a slight discount, staggered for when the market rental review kicks in.

I don't reckon the Owners would let it go for anything under 210 MM. You'd simply put your best foot forward, have only one crack at it and then hang on for the ride. No such thing as "I'll go in lowball and sneak up from there, toing and froing with the Vendor".

It would need to be cash unconditional. No poxy white ant or building or tricky little finance clause to fall back on.

If you wanted it, you'd be up against the folks / institutions and funds who play hardball. No time for cutesy niceities or pleasantries. She's teams of solly's and 'take or leave it' type posturing. Not for me - I'm far too nice and pleasant, despite what people think of me here on this forum.

You need to be an out and out b@st@rd to play at that level. Plus the headaches I can do without.

Ask the Bank to stump up the lot. At 10% rates, that's only $ 57,500 per day in interest.

Stamp duty to buy would be a snip at only 11.3 MM.

Maybe put the PPoR down as a deposit.....but just watch that X-coll, it's a killer.....you might lose your house. :)

Re nursing homes, the gotcha is the Fed Govt controls the number of beds per LGA, and rations them to operators on a rough per capita basis.

If this n. home operator has been bought out recently, the new owner might be taking those bed licences to another site.

The Salvation Army sold off a lot of their nursing homes this year.

Ask yourself why this n. home is on the market.

Maybe put the PPoR down as a deposit.....but just watch that X-coll, it's a killer.....you might lose your house. :)

LOL...

I'm guessing that building wouldn't have gone up much in the last 10 years or so? Being commercial and all the CGs wouldn't be anywhere near the same as houses would they? :eek:

Better watch out for the office price crash coming around the corner too - all those evil specufestors bidding up the price of offices fuelled by the negative gearing and cheap debt! Where will it end? :p

Maybe at a return that reflects the economic return of the asset at the moment. :p That's what I do like about commercial - it's always purely about the numbers - none of this trying to guess whether OOs are going to want to live there and whether the tenants will like the kitchen... :(

i wouldnt buy the 1 dazz showed us, its nice, but i reckon nex yr il be able to buy for 1/2 price with a 25% yeild when all these suckers are crying out.... actually il buy centros portfolio when they will sell me the glen in vic for $250k wih 10 day cool off...

sorry had to throw sum humour in as i think the D&G clan will be in this thread soon.

The $ 330 psmpa is woefully under market rental.

Back of the fag packet, I'd do something like this ;

Expected Rental from NLA : 18,777 sqm * 800 psmpa = 15 MM p.a.

Total expected rental = 15.56 MM p.a.

You'd be doing well to get a nett yield of 7% right in the heart of the CBD....cannot get 8's.

15.56 / 0.07 = 222 MM.

a true buyers perspective! as a seller I would be pitching $1000/sqm at 5.5% yeild. so...

Expected Rental from NLA : 18,777 sqm * 1000 psmpa = 18.8 MM p.a.

Total expected rental = 19.36 MM p.a.

15.56 / 0.055 = 352 MM.

maybe you could split the diff ;)

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=359&ContentID=86465

interesting, seems you could pick it up for a snip over $100m

What's going on? How did Savills come up with that value even though they knew it's so under-rented? Somebody missed out on a sweet deal there it seems. Now it's gone to open market the discount may be eaten up.

I do like the sound of those tenants and it's harder to imagine a more prime position. Sounds like an opportunity to rally the troops and offer $110m. Not 550 troops though - maybe three or four instead... :eek:

Here's a possible development opportunity An Ex RSL Hall on 428m2 in Petersham
Zoned 2c

Taken from Marrickville LEP

12 Residential 2 (C) zone

(2) What are the objectives of the zone?
The objectives of this zone are:
(a) to identify areas suitable for multi unit housing and residential flat buildings
to a maximum of three storeys in appearance, and
(b) to provide opportunities for non-residential development which is of a type
and scale that is compatible with the surrounding area, and
(c) to enable large sites to be developed for multi unit housing and residential
flat buildings exceeding three storeys in appearance.

Recent sales in the area
7 NEW CANTERBURY RD $1,750,000 11-10-2007 720 RESIDENCE
16 NEW CANTERBURY RD $300,000 31-08-2005 443 RESIDENCE

not sure of zoning for either of these properties but it would be easy to find on the council website.

http://www.realcommercial.com.au/c...34800497&p=30&s=wa&snf=as&t=com&tm=1217231936

With 3.2 acres, I reckon you could grow some great vegies on this.

Ive had a good look through that site...needs a heap of work but has a bucket load of asbestos, got some good working studios that would be fun to have a muck around in... the numbers tend to stack up, depending upon who you ask about projected rents...:rolleyes: thats if you are interested in heritage listed stuff, and can be bothered.

Boods

Back