Property Access during cooling off

Hi all,

Just a quick one. If I chose to get my building and pest done during the cooling off period rather than have a condition in the contract, do I have the right to get the inspection done any reasonable time during this period?

Can they refuse to let the B&P be conducted until 3 days later?

Thanks

Sean

Hi Seano

But if you don't have it conditioned and you pull out won't you be up for the cooling off period fee?

The owner doesn't have to allow access during cooling off. In fact I would be pretty peed off if someone bought unconditionally and then tried to get a building insp done during the cooling off.

Best to offer subject to....

Ok,
Thanks for that, I'll put in the B&P inspection clause, I just wanted to make the offer more appealing, but if the B&P fails, I'll have paid $600 for that, and another $900 for pulling out during the cooling off.

Thanks

Mr Burns,
In NSW, the point of a cooling off period is to give the buyer time to get their pest/building reports and valuation done. Maybe you should move here?

I’ve never had a vendor refuse access, I guess that’s because they want to sell. Or maybe I just have lovely vendors?

Mr Burns,
In NSW, the point of a cooling off period is to give the buyer time to get their pest/building reports and valuation done. Maybe you should move here?

IN 5 working days

NSW its the lamest set up in Oz @the front end for the buyer, especially where many vendors and agents insist on a 66 W( uncon sale with no cool off)

ta
rolf

Back