Property for retirement

Dear Y-man

I bought an apartment in the Boyd, Docklands years ago off plan being attracted by its view and "prospect". Unfortunately I found that the area is so windy that it is totally not suitable for retirement. I couldn't imagine how an old lady fights with the strong wind struggling home. I sold it eventually losing about 100k. It's a big lesson for me - never buy things off plan. To buy a property to live in, better inspect several times (at least the surrounding area) at different times to confirm it is really suitable to live there long!

Hahaha, you're funny Y-man! ROTFL :D

Dear Y-man

I bought an apartment in the Boyd, Docklands years ago off plan being attracted by its view and "prospect". Unfortunately I found that the area is so windy that it is totally not suitable for retirement. I couldn't imagine how an old lady fights with the strong wind struggling home. I sold it eventually losing about 100k. It's a big lesson for me - never buy things off plan. To buy a property to live in, better inspect several times (at least the surrounding area) at different times to confirm it is really suitable to live there long!

Oh, alright then :eek: - how about in Doncaster East near The Pines Shopping Centre? Big bus teminus (multiple buses to city via freeway, also 901 bus to Airport). Big long linear parks in the area.

The Y-man

Back