Property Magazines for Beginners - which one?

Which magazine subscription would you recommend to get for a property investor (beginner)? :confused:

Your Investment Property or Australian Property Investor

I've read both and they seem to be same. Any other magazines you could recommend?

Thank you in advance... :)

I'd suggest books more than magazines. Magazine articles have to be short and punchy, but if you're a beginner you would benefit from more detailed stuff.
Alex

I agree with above. I am a beginner and I read few magazines but most of them are glossy papers with more ads than good advice.
People on this forum recomanded few books and just finished first one, building wealth with RE by jan somers. started on the next one.

Yes I agree the books are great to read but still love sitting down at night and flicking through a property mag. Certainly find API more interesting to read than YIP.

Cheers Jas!

Read books like the others suggest,and read and research this forum(it's free) after a while and some experience you will be able to seperate the good from the c%$p. Come along to the SIG meetings (check them out on meeting point)
Have fun
Simon

Last edited:
Agree with the above - books are good for gaining fundamental knowledge. Then read the magazines for perhaps more specific info. on different areas and current market happenings.

As far as magazines go, I prefer API to YIP.

I agree with Steveadl and think API is OK.

I also agree with everyone re: Books. They have been my primary source of inspiration aside from websites such as here. Additionally, the information within alot of the investment books is much more relevant and tailored towards providing meaningful info rather than the brief insight which you get when reading a magazine.

I also acknowledge that a quick flick through a magazine is often rewarding when sitting in the airport lounge, plane, waiting rooms or in your lunch break. (if unfortunate enough to still be in the 'rat race').

Last edited:
API is much better. YIP seems generally to be a bit light on, have more ads and be printed on thicker glossier paper.

API.

Of course, as with others above, read books. The mags are useful for keeping up to date. Books for the general education and theories.

Cheer

TB

A good mix of :

1. Good books
2. Magazines
3. Internet (forums like SS)
4. Group of like minded people.

You would need all 4 of them to start and stay for long term.

cheers

Hi everyone, sorry for the late reply. Been busy. :eek:

It's actually a present for someone and I bought her a book instead, I ended up getting Rich Woman by Kim Kiyosaki. :)

API is very good. I get it in the mail box each month. You can also get a great discount off the cover price if you subscribe for 12/24 months.

I like to browse the magazines but sometimes the content is a bit thin. I just go to the library now and sit in the coffee shop (in the library- how great is that!!) and read a few.

Read them both and make up your own mind. I prefer API but you need to taste everything while you are building up knowledge I think.

The library should have older copies, or if you are near a Borders shop you can read them for free and won't get hassled. Quite happy to do that myself at Borders as I spend like a drunken sailor there on occasions.

Back