Property Management Perth

Hi All
Does anyone know of any PM companies in Perth that service ALL areas and are competitively priced.

If not, then PM South of the River (Freo, Hammy, Spearwood areas) surrounds.

I have a contact in Sydney who has an investor interested in buying one of my Spearwood villas, they would like to view a PM contract. In Syd pm fees are substantially less than in Perth, therefore I need to make this attractive so at a minimum would like fees at around at least 8.5%, but not all the tack additional fees they tend to tack on.

Thanks
MTR:)

Im currently trialing Investors Edge.. So far exceptional service and value for money. Rate is 9% and have some very good management guarantees to go with it. Slightly above industry standards for WA but IMO what they offer its well worth it.

If you wanted to try self-manage I would be happy to run through whole process with you next tenant turn over - from Home Open to procedure. Other than that though I think my next best would be to try Investors Edge also! Haven't tried myself but I would consider if I couldn't self manage.

Linda knows a fair bit about self manage so pick her brains.

Otherwise I can make sure you are looked after thru Handle Realty in Wangara. Talk to Karen.

Cheers.

Im currently trialing Investors Edge.. So far exceptional service and value for money. Rate is 9% and have some very good management guarantees to go with it. Slightly above industry standards for WA but IMO what they offer its well worth it.

Hi Rixter

9% Plus, Plus, Plus, Plus or 9% Total?

Most are charging 8.5% + GST, then Plus, Plus, Plus, Plus. Though in saying that you can negotiate on some of the pluses, if you have multiple IP's with them you can negotiate further

9% plus GST...plus the usual for WA. I dont mind paying a little extra as long as its value for money spent.. to date it is.

Can walk at any time with no lock in management agreements but the real biggy for me is their no return contact in the same day and they pay you $100.

Hi Rixter

9% Plus, Plus, Plus, Plus or 9% Total?

Most are charging 8.5% + GST, then Plus, Plus, Plus, Plus. Though in saying that you can negotiate on some of the pluses, if you have multiple IP's with them you can negotiate further

Lol when I tried to find my first PM in Australia I emailed a few agents with very basic questions.

One actually told me, in writing, based on my very basic questions I sound like trouble and I should bugger off they do not want my business.

He had no clue how many properties I have, what the potential business could have been worth for him.

Crazy bad service..... Would not want to know if I actually signed them with this gem in place what the actually service would have been like.

Lol when I tried to find my first PM in Australia I emailed a few agents with very basic questions.

One actually told me, in writing, based on my very basic questions I sound like trouble and I should bugger off they do not want my business.

He had no clue how many properties I have, what the potential business could have been worth for him.

Crazy bad service..... Would not want to know if I actually signed them with this gem in place what the actually service would have been like.

lol was it from an area that they don't service perhaps? Or a giant misunderstanding?

No I did not mention the area at all.

The only misunderstanding is he should not be employed there!!!!

Numerous others took the time to answer the questions.

No I did not mention the area at all.

The only misunderstanding is he should not be employed there!!!!

Numerous others took the time to answer the questions.

lol do you still have a copy? that'd be funny to see
If that were me I'd have forwarded it onto their boss or state manager :p

Found the old email from him and I quote....

".... delete the irrelevant questions. I dont wish to take you on as a client. You sound like trouble."

Stick your KEY up your ar5e then with a PIKE.

Thanks everyone
In Syd they pay around 6%, I think I pay 5.5%, but its peanuts compared to Perth.

As I have an investor interested in one of my properties/villas I don't want to scare them off with 10%:eek:

Why are Eastern States so much cheaper???? Annoying

Is this defreitas ryan? Ve heard mixed things about them but good to hear you've been happy.

I use defreitas ryan too, Cockburn office, very happy with their service. I also like their fee structure of 10% fully inclusive - no letting fees, inspection fees etc. Even court representation if needed, is included.

Great to hear that there are others doing the same fee structure (ie Thane Property Management), the Perth PM market is overpriced and in need of some good old fashioned competition.

A year or so ago, I was looking around for a PM close to where one of my properties is located. All the nearby agents were expensive and one of them (Backburn), was the most expensive with a charge for every conceivable service normally part of "property management", also wanted me to sign a contract which gave them 12 months exclusive management rights. So if I wanted to terminate their service say in month 3, I would need to pay them 9 months of management fees, inspection fees, etc - even though there is no investment on their part which requires a recoup of losses. I laughed!

Isnt a 12 month exclusive contract the standard in WA? What do you guys normally sign?

I've found this to be generally negotiable.

All mine are now 'periodic' - where the standard terms essentially have 28 days notice for termination for no reason.

Back