Gallery Of Ceramics World Osborne Park

Just had to post my recent very bad experience with the above tiling company, I have been dealing with over the last 6 months on my Spearwood project.

My experience has been in short disgusting and unprofessional.

They underquoted tiles which in the main came from China, therefore I did not have enough tiles to complete all my villas and had to spend hours running around to source suitable tiles. As the tiles came from China we could not re order as it would take too long for these to arrive in Perth.

Significantly over quoted in other areas.

Did not deliver all the tiles to site, almost half were still in their warehouse. Had to chase them for these, finally delivered causing delays, by the way they did this on two occasions. Denying they had any tiles, we asked them to check their warehouse, finally they found them.

The owner of business delivered the tiles but refused to stack them on my site, due to his back condition.

Abusive behaviour by the owners of the business, who will not take any responsibility for their actions, and no apology ever because apparently its not their issue, everyone has the issue. Strange that.

From my experience I would like to warn investors to stay clear from this company.

MTR

Wow that sounds terrible.

Did you get wholesale prices through your builder? If not it's often better to just pay the 20% or whatever margin and get the builder to sort all this nonsense out, eespecially if they're paying wholesale and you're p suing retail.

Hope it's all sorted now!

Wow that sounds terrible.

Did you get wholesale prices through your builder? If not it's often better to just pay the 20% or whatever margin and get the builder to sort all this nonsense out, eespecially if they're paying wholesale and you're p suing retail.

Hope it's all sorted now!

I learnt a very big lesson from this scenario.

I used this company because I liked their selection of tiles, and it was not because it was cheap, I have paid $120 per sqm for a particular tile I wanted in my kitchens.

My builder now only specifies tile companies in his contract that clients can use and this tile company is not on the list thankfully.

I generally will never post anything about any company as I know it can be tough, however the owner was so aggressive today, screaming and ranting like a 2 year old having a tantrum. He also advised that he does not need my business because I have caused them lots of headaches, once again people not taking responsibility for their actions, lets blame the client, that sounds very smart.

All OK now, I am just moving on, just needed to vent this and I really would hate to see any investors on here get burnt by this company.

MTR

Last edited:
Builders generally get a 30-35% discount on tiles as an FYI.

Issue is most companies now do the tiling take-offs for the builder, and their quantities are horrendous. We often wait 10-12 weeks for Italian tiles and are then a box or 2 short...

Highly recommend Prestige Tile Gallery for service, and for their accuracy in quants.

MTR, sounds like some emotion has crept into your decision making. Why on earth would you purchase $120/m2 tiles imported from China on order, that you love for a development? Already sounds like a recipe for this exact scenario.

These types of decisions should be unemotional, easy to access product/material/service to avoid seemingly avoidable delay.

Whilst their business principles are questionable, some responsibility should be taken by yourself/builder in your overall process of not having a suitable back up plan.

pinkboy

Just had to post my recent very bad experience with the above tiling company, I have been dealing with over the last 6 months on my Spearwood project.

My experience has been in short disgusting and unprofessional.

They underquoted tiles which in the main came from China, therefore I did not have enough tiles to complete all my villas and had to spend hours running around to source suitable tiles. As the tiles came from China we could not re order as it would take too long for these to arrive in Perth.

MTR

Thanks MTR it's always interesting to see where some companies are getting their tiles from. I like Italian tiles.

Builders generally get a 30-35% discount on tiles as an FYI.

Issue is most companies now do the tiling take-offs for the builder, and their quantities are horrendous. We often wait 10-12 weeks for Italian tiles and are then a box or 2 short...

Highly recommend Prestige Tile Gallery for service, and for their accuracy in quants.

Tile quoting/estimating is an art, balancing the right amount of spares but not too much waste.

A good tiling company will store away tiles when requested by a builder even if they haven't been paid for them yet. This is why most builders will only let you deal with 1-3 companies as they have built up that relationship.

My current favourite tile shops are Tile Expo (North Perth) and Ceramic Tile Supplies (Wangara)

Thanks MTR it's always interesting to see where some companies are getting their tiles from. I like Italian tiles.

Tile quoting/estimating is an art, balancing the right amount of spares but not too much waste.

A good tiling company will store away tiles when requested by a builder even if they haven't been paid for them yet. This is why most builders will only let you deal with 1-3 companies as they have built up that relationship.

My current favourite tile shops are Tile Expo (North Perth) and Ceramic Tile Supplies (Wangara)

Tiles Expo are pretty good.

The kitchen tiles are Italian tiles at $120 and they almost double the quantity, that's handy NOT.

MTR, sounds like some emotion has crept into your decision making. Why on earth would you purchase $120/m2 tiles imported from China on order, that you love for a development? Already sounds like a recipe for this exact scenario.

These types of decisions should be unemotional, easy to access product/material/service to avoid seemingly avoidable delay.

Whilst their business principles are questionable, some responsibility should be taken by yourself/builder in your overall process of not having a suitable back up plan.

pinkboy

The selection of my tiles is not the issue, most from China and some from Italy.

However I do agree that in future perhaps look at purchasing tiles which are readily available just in case something goes wrong. Lesson learnt.:)

However, I did also discuss this issue with this company and they informed me that they always make sure they allow xx% over the actual order so they have excess tiles in stock.

If I chose $120 per sqm for a particular tile and have costed this in my feaso with xx profit then the price is not an issue as I have accounted for this and making my required/expected profit.

Emotion got in the way, absolutely, loved the tile. This can also work the other way, market changes oversupply, currently happening in some Perth markets, however your product is much more attractive, easier to sell etc??

All the buyers are going to swarm around the tiles, taking photos, just loving them, I bet they will know they are Italian tiles, better idea I am going to get the re agent to place that in the advert... what do you reckon??..... just having fun... hehe

This is purely about a business who mismanaged my order and then had the nerve to blame me for their in competencies. However, I will in future probably make sure I can get the tile locally.

MTR:)

The money saved on a cheap and nasty tile is long gone when a tiler is slow and inefficient laying the irregular pieces.

Nothing better to vent frustrations like a game of wet tile Frisbee! :D

pinkboy

Back