Property Management.

I was thinking of doing a PM course through REIQ, is this the best way to start out in this line of work?
Any other suggestions?
(I may not end up actually working as a PM(then again maybe), but want to be up with all the knowledge so as to be able to manage my own IP's.)

Sorry Sug, I didn't see the post...

the REIQ is one place that runs the course, and many of the uni/tafe's do too.

Most property managers start as rental assistants, doing administrative work, or as inspection managers, doing the routine inspections or condition reports.

I guess the best thing if you want to work in property management is to keep an eye on the papers and apply to jobs, but also contact the head office of the major groups in your state and they will forward your resume to members who may require staff.

hope this helps,

asy :D

Thanks Asy
I am thinking of going to Tafe and do a Cert IV, I figure even if I don't actually enter the industry as a paid employee I will have a better knowledge and be able to handle my own IP's. I also think it would be very interesting, the more I learn about this stuff the more interesting it becomes!:D

Why don't you just read the text that the course syllabus is based on.

There's a book called Real Property Management written by Frank Davis and Peter Wills. It's predominately used in the NSW TAFE's, there should be a QLD version.

Back