Property manager in Pakenham

Hi all,

Thanks to this forum I've acquired my first IP (well will have after settlement) and am now looking for a property manager in Pakenham, or at least one who can look after a property there.

If anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate the contacts.

PS Also as a side note if anyone knows, I've read through the "A guide for Tenants and Landlords" from consumer affairs here in Vic that states a bond can't be any more than 4 weeks rent (for rents < $350 week). How come most of the properties for rent on RE have bonds listed higher than what is permitted? I'm just curious, isn't this a breach by the agent/landlord?

Cheers

Don't Touch

Hi Mate,

I know Pakenham like the back of my hand, and have a few properties there. The only thing I would say is don't go near Stockdale and Leggo's rental department! What a disaster.

Hope this helps narrow it down for you.

Jasper

With regards to the bond price. According to the act is cannot be more than a months rent (not 4 weeks) if the rent is under $350 per week. so to calculate the bond amount for a months rent you would take the weekly rent (eg. $200) times by 52 weeks in the year and divide by 12 (being 12 months of the year) so the example would be 200 x 52 / 12 = $866.66 so you would then round up to $867.

Depending on the suitability of the property i question I wouldnt mind living in Pakenham... :) Want a great tennant allready lined up for settlement?!?

With regards to the bond price. According to the act is cannot be more than a months rent (not 4 weeks) if the rent is under $350 per week. so to calculate the bond amount for a months rent you would take the weekly rent (eg. $200) times by 52 weeks in the year and divide by 12 (being 12 months of the year) so the example would be 200 x 52 / 12 = $866.66 so you would then round up to $867.
Oh, that makes more sense now. Thankyou for clarifying, much appreciated.

Cheers :)

Depending on the suitability of the property i question I wouldnt mind living in Pakenham... :) Want a great tennant allready lined up for settlement?!?
It won't be ready for at least another 8 weeks or so but I'll be happy to send you the details once I have a PM organised.

Cheers:)

Back