Property Manager in the Preston area

Hi there,
Can anyone recommend a good property manager in the Preston, VIC area? I'm not sure how you go about finding a "good" manager unless it's by word of mouth. Also are you able to disclose the fees they charge? A friend of mine says she has a property manager that charges below 6% however she has multiple properties and her manager works in another area. Is this a problem?
Thanks

We use (in the general area):
Barry Plant Northcote
Kerry Davis

You'll need to sit down and talk to them re fees.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Thanks Y-man. I will have a chat with them.
Spoke to Pamela Yardney yesterday. Unfortunately Metropole don't do Preston :( . She said it was a bit far from their offices but put me on to another agency in the area. She was very pleasant and approachable so I'd be happy for Metropole to manage my property.

Having lived in Preston last year, I know the area somewhat
I'll recommend get to High Street, nearby the Library/Council/Preston Market
there are about half a dozen REA's there.

Step1: Go to each one of them, get their management fees + other charges list.
Step2: Compare their T&C, charges and other info
Step3: Try & negotiate with the Agent you feel is good
(Tell em REA 'xx' is offering to manage @ 6% )

Tip1: Take care of Letting Fees (includes advertising & other charges)
Tip2: Ask the PM what happens if the tennant breaks the lease, do you pay another letting fee , or is that charged from the tennant ?

As for finding a good PM ... you won't know until you have changed a few, so my guess is stick with so-called 'BIG' REA's (Barry Plant, LOVE, Ray White .. are some in North ), coz they'll go by the book no matter what, some small REA's might save you money but not all can be trusted while making decisions/ carrying inspections .
Just my 2c
PS: expect to pay 7% Mgmt Fees (monthly) and 5% Letting Fee

Good Luck

Thanks auzieblogger,
I spoke to the property management team of the REA that I purchased the property off today. They offered to manage the property for 6% instead of their usual 7% with a letting fee of 1 and a half weeks (normally 2 weeks). I asked if I get the first tenant what letting fee they will charge and hey've told me 1 week. Not unreasonable however the concern I have is that the property manager for this area manages between 200-250 properties. From what I've read somewhere on this forum that is too many properties for one person to manage. Does anyone have any comment on this?

Ta

Back