Property Manager Pro query

Hi all,

I know a few of you use Property Manager Pro to manage your investment property costs.

Can anyone help me with the following queries?

1) Where do you put expenses that don't directly relate to one property? For example - preparation of tax, cleaning products, gardening products, magazine subscriptions, books - that type of thing.

2) Using the tenant manager module (sorry can't remember the exact name of the section) I made an error entering in past rental payment and I can't delete it. (I entered 1250 instead of 250 but the delete button is greyed out). Can anyone assist with how to fix?

I can't find a help line number to get assistance and I can't find a mention of either of the above in the online help section.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Ok sorted out 2) myself - just did a corresponding negative entry and then entered the correct figure. A bit messy but it did the job.

Would still love an answer to 1) if anyone can assist.

All the best,

I batch up all those types of expenses, then divide them by the number of properties and enter the amount allocated to each property. So, if I have $700 in mag subscriptions and 7 properties, I allocate $100 to each property. My accountant wants it done this way.

Ta Rob,

In my case it's simply a division by 2! I've got them s/sheeted currently so I'll wait till tax time and do just that.

Thank you.

1) Where do you put expenses that don't directly relate to one property? For example - preparation of tax, cleaning products, gardening products, magazine subscriptions, books - that type of thing.

I asked the same question a little while back and Brenda (I think it was) said she created a property called "All Properties" and put all those expenses in there. That's what I'm doing now.

Minx,

I dont enter any of those type expenses into PMPro.

My accountant adds those type expenses up and shows them in my tax return under 'other deductions' not already itemised.

ie in my case - magazine subscriptions, books, software, seminars, parking, travel, investment loc interest etc etc.

You can alter data in PMPro by using the edit button.

Hope this helps

Thanks all.

It sounds like there is no right or wrong answer here, I just need to have them itemised which I'm already doing anyway.

Rick - I'll look for that 'edit' button (it was 2am when I got to this point, so may well have missed the obvious)

Property Manager Pro not usable on Windows 7

I have just found out that Property Manager Pro (which I have been using for ages and love) is not doing a rewrite for Windows 7. What a pain in the %#$#% :mad:

So I have downloaded Windows Virtual XP onto my Windows 7 and running my Property Manager Pro through that and it is working fine, it just would have been nice to be able to use it without going through the extra step.

If anyone is running Property Manager Pro on a Vista PC, it's worth noting that the data files in the data folder don't get updated, so if you're backing them up, you're wasting your time and leaving your data open to corruption, disk failure etc.
Vista creates a hidden copy of the data files and updates these hidden data files.
This only happens if you install it under C:\Program Files\Prop2000. Vista "protects" any such data files stored under Program Files by making hidden copies of them.
If PPM is installed elsewhere, it shouldn't be a problem.

Minx,

I dont enter any of those type expenses into PMPro.

My accountant adds those type expenses up and shows them in my tax return under 'other deductions' not already itemised.

ie in my case - magazine subscriptions, books, software, seminars, parking, travel, investment loc interest etc etc.

You can alter data in PMPro by using the edit button.

Hope this helps

Same with us, we group them in a spreadsheet for the accountant...outside of the property software we were using

Windows 7

I have just found out that Property Manager Pro ... is not doing a rewrite for Windows 7.........So I have downloaded Windows Virtual XP onto my Windows 7 and running my Property Manager Pro through that and it is working fine.....

Hi Petal,

Cusses to you Google for giving me search results in the wrong order :p !!

I just posted in another thread asking if anyone was using PMP (v4.05) on a Windows 7 box !!

As my XP box is on its last legs I've ordered a new beast (Win 7) that I pick up tomorrow, but the ONE program I *NEED* it to run is PMP !!

What is this....
....Windows Virtual XP ..
of which you speak :eek: :eek: ?

Thanks,

Austen.

Last edited:
Back