Property Managers-Morayfield/Caboolture

We went with Richardson & Wrench at morayfield for our recent purchase of duplex in Caboolture, they drove to Kallangur to physically get paperwork from previous agent who was not sending it, dropped in a few times till they caught up with vacating tenant who wouldn't answer or return their calls, I didn't receive last fortnights rent statement, emailed them and within 10 minutes had statement and whole ledger to make sure nothing was missed. Took new photos when I asked after I did a tidy up, property was only vacant for a week, so would definitely recommend them, 9.35%,1 week let fee but this was comparable to others. Also use LJHooker at Kallangur for 2 properties and they give same good service.

My property manager is from Matt Campbell, they only charge me 7% plus GST flat rate only, good service too.

Will give them a call when finally finished with reno in bracken ridge, ljh at Kallangur charge us 7.7 also, I just personally prefer to have agent handy to property so bald hills a bit to far from Caboolture. There was a few cheaper at Caboolture but didn't return calls etc so off my list.

Will give them a call when finally finished with reno in bracken ridge, ljh at Kallangur charge us 7.7 also, I just personally prefer to have agent handy to property so bald hills a bit to far from Caboolture. There was a few cheaper at Caboolture but didn't return calls etc so off my list.

Hi,

Just wondering why you chose Caboolture despite the general less than favorable perception of the area? Do you believe it has potential? A potentially good opportunity has been brought to my attention and the property is located in Caboolture but I don't really know much about the area so have just been doing a bit of research on the forum and most people have pretty negative things to say about the town.

Cheers,
Brandon

All my properties are in Caboolture/Morayfield area and I have been investing here for 15 years so have seen a fair bit. Lived in the area for 23 years. Happy to chat to anyone about the market here.

Hi,

Just wondering why you chose Caboolture despite the general less than favorable perception of the area? Do you believe it has potential? A potentially good opportunity has been brought to my attention and the property is located in Caboolture but I don't really know much about the area so have just been doing a bit of research on the forum and most people have pretty negative things to say about the town.

Cheers,
Brandon

Live locally and have 4 IP's in Moreton Shire, bought the duplex at Caboolture after reading about dual income on SS. Watched for a few months, liked the area near the catholic school, walk to new school being built, small shopping to be built, and possiblility of new train station in the future, bought 533 on corner block, 4yr old, rent 570, for 436k in July, neighbour sold for 475 recently . Always buy close to schools, transport etc. We have the new equestrian centre, Burpengary High school, afl football , the business park and the proposed Marina. Close to highway, 15mins to Bribie surf beach. Cab.south is the main place I avoid but saw a new townhouse block where a few houses were, so that area starting to be cleaned up. Morayfield shopping area has everything you could possibly need, so need to go to Chermside or City has been twice in 14 yrs.
Have 2 hi set in Kallangur near everything, never empty, rents up 10 recently, wouldn't touch a unit or townhouse there with someone elses money!! All in all , we like the area, have had no problems for 4 yrs rentals, and continue to look in this area.

Live locally and have 4 IP's in Moreton Shire, bought the duplex at Caboolture after reading about dual income on SS. Watched for a few months, liked the area near the catholic school, walk to new school being built, small shopping to be built, and possiblility of new train station in the future, bought 533 on corner block, 4yr old, rent 570, for 436k in July, neighbour sold for 475 recently . Always buy close to schools, transport etc. We have the new equestrian centre, Burpengary High school, afl football , the business park and the proposed Marina. Close to highway, 15mins to Bribie surf beach. Cab.south is the main place I avoid but saw a new townhouse block where a few houses were, so that area starting to be cleaned up. Morayfield shopping area has everything you could possibly need, so need to go to Chermside or City has been twice in 14 yrs.
Have 2 hi set in Kallangur near everything, never empty, rents up 10 recently, wouldn't touch a unit or townhouse there with someone elses money!! All in all , we like the area, have had no problems for 4 yrs rentals, and continue to look in this area.

What are the main differences with Caboolture and Morayfield iyo?

Would u still look at duplex and 4 or 3 bedroom homes. Vacancy rates are low in the area also

Joanmc has far more experience in this area and would be the best person to speak to.
I find Morayfield to be a busy business centre with everything available here, In Morayfield, I only consider 422.s in the area around Graham Rd as it has school, close to high school, train, shopping centre, buses, highway. Caboolture seems to me like a country town that needs a wake up. I rarely ever go to the main street of Caboolture as Morayfield has all that I need. Both areas have their rougher parts like a lot of places but on the whole I like the area. I could easily live in the Caboolture property. We bought west of pumicestone rd for the duplex, near the private school, same side as new school being built soon, and would have put an offer on another recently but at land tax threshold and deciding what to do. When 2 of my sons were bricking in this area, I said who the hell would live out here, but as quick as they build them they are filled. We have one inherited tenant who has been there 4 yrs, resigned for 12 months with $5 increase. So getting 575. Had break lease on 3.2.2 and 3 good applications, tenanted straight away. Would consider 4.2.2 in this area at the right price , takes a bit longer to rent . NOTE get copy of rates and water notices. I took " single title , one set of rates and water", yeah right, just double the amounts. Lesson learned. Took some of the gloss off, neg geared but cashflow positive. Tagged 5 new duplex rentals before easter, just checked and all gone.
Burpengary is another we watch, no slum areas that I have seen, we have 422 bought in 2010 for 340 rent 320. spent 20, rent up to 370. Value now 390, rent 380 + 20 water. Either 3 or 4 bed but must be in town is what I look for.

I agree with everything Sue said especially if you are not local. The slummy stuff that I have does mean a few more phone calls than the nicer stuff.;) But I find the returns are worth it for me.

I have one IP in Caboolture South (small 3 bedroom) in quite a good area and its been consistently rented for the 5 years I've had it. I may actually end up living there (not the IP) at some point. I wouldn't buy where I wouldn't live myself.

Back