Property purchase

Or has it already gone unconditional?

What about your 3 day cooling off period?

Do you still have this?

Not saying you should pull out...but just in case...

Also, do you know what a serviced apartment is?

Do you know for sure that this is not a serviced apartment?

surely they would have made it clear that it was a serviced apartment / and the rules of the building before you paid your deposit?? did you put any clause on the deposit / contract? and how much deposit did you pay?
what stage of the purchase are you up to?

surely they would have made it clear that it was a serviced apartment / and the rules of the building before you paid your deposit?? did you put any clause on the deposit / contract? and how much deposit did you pay?
what stage of the purchase are you up to?

My GF has asked for deposit back... they writing her the cheque for $500.

We decided to buy together, more buying power this way.

We have lots of pets and its simply not suitable if we were to live there even for a short time.

The only problem is my GF and I want to keep our first home buyers grant... so maybe I will buy in my name first, then she will buy into her name... need to do some thinking.

The only problem is my GF and I want to keep our first home buyers grant... so maybe I will buy in my name first, then she will buy into her name... need to do some thinking.

Be aware that the FHOG rules take into account defacto couples. So if you live together, you can only get the FHOG once.
Alex

We have only lived together for 3 months in the new rented place. So i cant see us being de facto.
??

I'm assuming you're in Vic. My mistake: they don't use the legal term de facto. The definition that they use for spouse/partner is:

http://www.sro.vic.gov.au/sro/srowebsite.nsf/rebates_fhog_FAQ.htm#6

What do you mean by spouse/partner

A person is a spouse of another if they are legally married to each other. A person is a partner of another if they are in a domestic relationship regardless of gender.

Get advice from your lawyer. Living together will definitely be considered a domestic relationship.
Alex

I'm assuming you're in Vic. My mistake: they don't use the legal term de facto. The definition that they use for spouse/partner is:

http://www.sro.vic.gov.au/sro/srowebsite.nsf/rebates_fhog_FAQ.htm#6

What do you mean by spouse/partner

A person is a spouse of another if they are legally married to each other. A person is a partner of another if they are in a domestic relationship regardless of gender.

Get advice from your lawyer. Living together will definitely be considered a domestic relationship.
Alex

If you live together you will be definitely deemed defacto / spouse, and if together for more than a year she will have the rights to half your stuff!! trust me my girlfriend reminds me every week haha :D

Back