Property savvy accountant

I posted this same question in another thread and now realise that it was in the wrong place for you forumites ,can anyone suggest or recommend an accountant in Brisbane or better still Ipswich that has a grasp of the accumulative wealth process that we are all trying to obtain so as to get the maximum taxation benefits back from little johnny and his mate poncho:)

Arms, to fully utilise a good accountant, you also have to have some knowledge yourself. i.e. have enough knowledge to understand what your accountant is saying and suggesting. I don't think it would be ethical for an accountant to just put you into a legal structure, for example, that THEY think you need even though you don't understand it! Also, you're going to be actually taking the day to day stuff of recordkeeping and making sure your personal and investment transactions are split correctly, for example.

My suggestion is to get yourself up to speed with the basics by reading books, articles, etc, then you'll know when you talk to an accountant whether he/she is good or not. While a good accountant will teach you, it's much easier if the client already knows the basics, and it's very difficult to teach someone, say, all about trusts if they start with no knowledge about it (I don't know how much knowledge you already have, of course).
Alex

Back