Property software for Mac???

I have been looking at POSH software, but sadly it is not designed to run on a Mac, does anyone know of a property software that is suitable for a Mac???

thanks
Propertygirl

Sadly, very little financial software is written for the Mac. I have a windows laptop specially for the purpose and they are cheap to buy today.

There's a "safe sex" outlook to that too: I never open emails or any web sites other than banks, brokers and such on the 'puter with my "real" data on it. It should be safe even though I never spend a cent on anti-virus software. :D

I have been looking at POSH software, but sadly it is not designed to run on a Mac, does anyone know of a property software that is suitable for a Mac???

thanks
Propertygirl

There is a way around it PropertyGirl....install Parallels Desktop on the Mac in which you can create a virtual Windoze machine where you can load any Windoze programs you need to use. I do this for my Quicken program that I'm used to and happy to keep using....

Hope this helps...

There is a way around it PropertyGirl....install Parallels Desktop on the Mac in which you can create a virtual Windoze machine where you can load any Windoze programs you need to use. I do this for my Quicken program that I'm used to and happy to keep using....

Hope this helps...

They may have improved it since I got mine but I don't use "parallels" because it is clunky and not as bulletproof as the Mac overall. It costs anyway. :)

I have the laptop burning away at my left elbow with my share-trade software on it and I can glance at it any time I like.

That's of course the other alternative...have two machines...I also like the idea of not storing your vitals all in one system...;)

Parallels works fine for me...only use it for the one maybe two progs and never to go online with it so never need anti-virus for it or the iMac...:)

Got this image of Sunfish in his office now...tapping away keeping us all in line while making millions on the stock market...lol:D Good on ya!

Been Mac, love the interface, hate the software shortfall
macs have a 50% increase in market share over the last 5 years, increased to 3%
almost as hi as LinUx
soon it will be worthwile to provide all kinds of software for them
unfortunately, that will probably mean hack attacks,

You don't need emulation software to run Windows on a Mac if you don't want to run them both at the same time. If you do want to run Windows and Mac at the same time on the one Mac computer, you can use FREE (known as open source) programs such as VirtualBox.

You only need the same Windows installation CD as you would use on any Windows computer. Look up BOOTCAMP under the Finder help or type it into Spotlight for installation instructions.

Then you just hold down the option key and CHOOSE to start your computer as either a Windows or Mac machine. Wha Lah.

IMO... Window should only be used as an absolute last resort.

Happy Property Calculations.

Back