Property styling - does it make much difference?

I think it's probably worth it. We recently sold a house (mid $500K) and styled it ourselves. It sold during the week after the first open home. I'm thinking the styling help let people see it's full potential. It's also great for the photos on real estate website. However it would all depend on how much it will cost and how long it stays on the market as you usually pay a monthly fee for the furniture.

I think it's probably worth it. We recently sold a house (mid $500K) and styled it ourselves. It sold during the week after the first open home. I'm thinking the styling help let people see it's full potential. It's also great for the photos on real estate website. However it would all depend on how much it will cost and how long it stays on the market as you usually pay a monthly fee for the furniture.

Thanks Angel,

Think we will go with it also. The place is a 2 bedroom unit so we shouldn't require much. We have all the kitchen stuff so will probably just go with the living room plus the 2 bedrooms. Will get onto a few companies here in Perth. If anyone has used any here and can recommend that would be great.

Cheers
Ems

One of the other key points in having your property styled is showing how best to show how the space can be used to maximise its appeal to potential buyers. There is making it look good on the one hand, and getting the most out of the available space. For example, if you can fit a bed into what was previously seen as a sun room/study, you can then market it with the extra bedroom. From a practical view it may be a struggle to actually use that room as a bedroom, but you would be surprised how people will perceive the property once it has been presented properly.

We have been styling houses in Sydney for over 5 years and we are obviously believers in the process. We have styled our own investment properties and the results were fabulous.

One of the other key points in having your property styled is showing how best to show how the space can be used to maximise its appeal to potential buyers. There is making it look good on the one hand, and getting the most out of the available space. For example, if you can fit a bed into what was previously seen as a sun room/study, you can then market it with the extra bedroom. From a practical view it may be a struggle to actually use that room as a bedroom, but you would be surprised how people will perceive the property once it has been presented properly.

We have been styling houses in Sydney for over 5 years and we are obviously believers in the process. We have styled our own investment properties and the results were fabulous.

How often have we heard the comment about people, you have 30 seconds to make the first impression, and its the lasting impression. We often take more time getting our personal presentation, resume etc looking spot on, than we do getting our properties looking right, for our target market.

I'm keep seeing on the Internet staging companies and some blogs saying home staging gets you an ROI of 3 to 1. So evey dollar you spend on staging gets you back $3 more. But nobody mentions where these statistics come from.

I'm a bit of a detail person and would really be interested to know which research revealed these findings. Wad it Australian or US based research. How big was they sample they used for the research etc....

If anybody knows could you post a link to it for me?

I just want to know that it's more than a figure somebody made up.

Back