Protest against Property Bubble Prices

After the success of the Getup campaign, I think its time to try and turn the pressure up on the Government.

I propose a rally on our city streets to show our concern over outrageous house prices. After years of subsidizing wealthy investors, we want house prices to be allowed to fall and for the government to stop trying to keep them up with tax breaks and stimulus schemes.

Our property bubble has been recognized all over the world and will eventually burst just as such bubbles always have. Meanwhile, the government continues to delay it with policies and boosts that ensure more pain down the road. Billions of dollars flow each year to property investors as subsidies such as negative gearing and capital gains tax concessions. More will flow when the bubble bursts and the Government spends more of our taxes to bail out banks. This cannot be allowed to happen.

Let’s put an end to negative gearing. An end to using first home vendor grants to prop up the bubble. An end to capital gains tax concessions on property. An end to restrictive zoning and planning regulations. Most importantly, however, an end to treating housing as a sure-bet investment. Houses should just be places to live, and the Government should ensure that they are affordable.

The rally would be held in Melbourne, and any other cities that participate, on Sunday, the 15th of May.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Swindle-of-Oz-Rally/146360305430791

please, please ignore this thread for the benefit of everyone's sanity and the forum in general.

Attachments

• THINK.jpg
    THINK.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 83
After the success of the Getup campaign,

What success? A couple of trolls ruffled feathers here about it. There was a small mention in the mainstream press that came and went pretty quickly. Even Get-Up opted to not adopt it as one of their causes. I don't think you'll need a huge venue for that rally - and if you do a march, best stick to the footpath.

why not just rent and be happy in the knowledge that some sucker landlord is paying a fortune for you to live there? seems you don't know where your bread is buttered.

Hey did any one watch that show TOSH.O on the comedy channel the other night. man that was funny. There was this dude busting out full Karate moves and with one slap knocked this other guy for a six in a street fight. Funniest thing ever. I love that show

What success? A couple of trolls ruffled feathers here about it. There was a small mention in the mainstream press that came and went pretty quickly. Even Get-Up opted to not adopt it as one of their causes. I don't think you'll need a huge venue for that rally - and if you do a march, best stick to the footpath.

+1 - there was no successful getup campaign, just a bunch of uninformed whinging on a lefty website.

People don't seriously think that the government is going to 'take steps' to collapse the housing market do they??

The market is high, and showing strong signs of being flat or falling for some time to come. Let it happen.

First post and he asks all members of an investment forum to rise against INVESTORS and protest.

A troll if ever there was one.

Even die hard bears would have to agree that this is too much.I incourage people to stay away from this thread and let it die. I encourage bears to stay away and let it die as this does not help people see your side of things either.

LET IT DIE PLEASE :)

lockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockitlockit

Federal Budget is being delivered May 10th. Thought it would be better to start the protesting and campaigning prior to the budget being framed, not 5 days after its delivered.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol...Haa hha:)

Hey

SwindleofOZ I reckon your idea is great....one way to get attention is to wear a Mankini whist protesting!

I reckon that should get everyones attention.
;)

I can see the article now...

"Protest organisers estimated a crowd of 150,000 in the march. Police estimated less than 5"

Back