Purchasing in VIC - Frankston Area

We will be active in the local area for at least 3-5 years. And for longer with our lower maintenance OTPs.

Thanks Paul for the update..

Does that mean you will be looking at selling off most of your stock in 3-5 years time or that you will be actively buying for another 3-5 years..?

I was chatting to a couple from WA early last year that bought a huge number of prop in Frankston and they drew parallels between Frankston (as of now) versus Fremantle of 15 years ago. I dont know Perth/ Fremantle too well however their opinion was that they saw a huge potential with Frankston and thought that with the planned infrastrcuture improvements and with tansit city planning, there is a solid 10 years worth of aggressive growth left in Frankston as it goes through the gentrification (beachification) process.. ?

Some of the forumites that I discussed this with dis-agreed with the comparison and thought that Fremantle has always been a very sought after beachside suburb. Interested to hear what your thoughts are on that..?

Re your econometrics modelling, what exactly was involved in ascertaining the growth potential (as in main criteria).

Thanks

Harris

Just an advertisement in this weeks Herald Sun (January, 27, 2008)

"Will property be next to fall"? Answer to this was; "Almost Certainly No - especially in these suburbs;

Geelong, Footscray, Croydon and Frankston

Locations such as Croydon, Frankston and Geelong where there are good value-for-money homes, have also been highlighted by property experts as places to watch in coming months.

Mrs. Wakelin said history had shown that periods of unsettlement in the share market led to an increase in the property market."

Thought this may be of interest.

Toni

I know Frankganastan is a good long term bet but walking near the station at 8 oclock on Monday morning and witnessing the drug deals really puts me off....
pieman

If the "dealers" were dinky di bogans / aussie bikie gang members would you have felt better ? just curious as to what you mean when you call if frankganastan(?)

Gordon, was that a joke, or are you pointing out what is wrong with us "ethnics" ? I thought crime was a bad thing regardless of who does it.

if you notice the ;-) at the end of the message ... even if australian of the year was dealing drugs it would still be wrong ... mkay! :)

and i am not of australian decent either!

GG.

ps. i hope you are not one of these persons who looks for racisism everywhere , like PC .. ohh he said black or yellow or white! , when the african american hip hop uses both the N word and the B word a lot. so peace be with you.

Mrs. Wakelin said history had shown that periods of unsettlement in the share market led to an increase in the property market."

Toni

Monique Wakelin is a Buyer's Agent! She will talk up the inner eastern property market at all times!

I also read the article, and know for certain that Monique Wakelin would talk down the Frankston market at any given opportunity. She stands for the blue chip suburbs in Melbourne, and will not go outside the 10km zone. She is an advocate for Hawthorn, Elwood, Kew, Armadale, St Kilda and the likes. When I met with her early last year, she strongly encouraged me to sell my Frankston properties. Luckily for me I did not, thanks mostly to the many excellent posts written by Harris on the growth that was occuring in Frankston.

Regards Jason.

Last edited:
if you notice the ;-) at the end of the message ... even if australian of the year was dealing drugs it would still be wrong ... mkay! :)

and i am not of australian decent either!

GG.

ps. i hope you are not one of these persons who looks for racisism everywhere , like PC .. ohh he said black or yellow or white! , when the african american hip hop uses both the N word and the B word a lot. so peace be with you.

if you notice the ;-) at the end of the message ... even if australian of the year was dealing drugs it would still be wrong ... mkay! :)Where did you say that ? I re read your post & still can't see where you said that, so I can;t help how what you wrote read

i resent that! ... there isnt more scuzz in fr.north than in fr.central .. maybe you should come live here for a week then your mind would change .... yes fr.north was full of scuzz .. but like with fr.central the scuzz is being priced out of the marked ...so scuzz will go somewhere else! ...

Yay!

My sister-in-law (she's a top class chick) works and lives there (The Pines), and both my wife and I have worked in Franggers, we live in Dromana, so we know the area/city well.

"Scuzz Central" is a general term; it can also apply to Dande-thong, Cranbourne, or any other area where there has been historic crime/poverty/"welfare mentality".

Not that I class poverty as scuzz. Far from it; you can be poor and have class and dignity, but unfortunately, a lot of Aussies like to wear their poverty like a badge, and use it as an excuse to be undignified, crass, resentful etc.

So unfortunately, quite often the poorer areas attract a lot of undesirable people and behavior.

Stuff like; rubbish in the streets, 2 or 3 attack pit-bulls, 5 car wrecks on the front lawn, houses that look like the aftermath of a firefight, drug dealing, gangs or whatever.

Why does it have to be that if you are poor, it is an excuse to $hit in your own nest? To be poor should be the catalyst for improving your "lot" imho, but these days it is a way of life for many.

end of rant.

Last edited:
Monique Wakelin is a Buyer's Agent! She will talk up the inner eastern property market at all times!

I also read the article, and know for certain that Monique Wakelin would talk down the Frankston market at any given opportunity. She stands for the blue chip suburbs in Melbourne, and will not go outside the 10km zone. She is an advocate for Hawthorn, Elwood, Kew, Armadale, St Kilda and the likes. When I met with her early last year, she strongly encouraged me to sell my Frankston properties. Luckily for me I did not, thanks mostly to the many excellent posts written by Harris on the growth that was occuring in Frankston.

Regards Jason.

Thanks Jason

at least when its sold by aussie bikers the money will stay in australia .... :)

the :) = being funny.

post 345.

being a wink, I thought you were making another point, agreeing with form the franganstan comment which is quite nasty - what was it supposed to imply exactly

see hw it can be misunderstood: "you can see how it went that way, can;t you ? you're not DUMB are you ;-)" now tell me, was I calling you dumb or not.....?! LOL

My sister-in-law (she's a top class chick) works and lives there (The Pines), and both my wife and I have worked in Franggers, we live in Dromana, so we know the area/city well.

"Scuzz Central" is a general term; it can also apply to Dande-thong, Cranbourne, or any other area where there has been historic crime/poverty/"welfare mentality".

Not that I class poverty as scuzz. Far from it; you can be poor and have class and dignity, but unfortunately, a lot of Aussies like to wear their poverty like a badge, and use it as an excuse to be undignified, crass, resentful etc.

So unfortunately, quite often the poorer areas attract a lot of undesirable people and behavior.

Stuff like; rubbish in the streets, 2 or 3 attack pit-bulls, 5 car wrecks on the front lawn, houses that look like the aftermath of a firefight, drug dealing, gangs or whatever.

Why does it have to be that if you are poor, it is an excuse to $hit in your own nest? To be poor should be the catalyst for improving your "lot" imho, but these days it is a way of life for many.

end of rant.

Pschycoligist / philosophes etc debate this for years.... Like you thet don;t have all the anwsers, but they do agree wtih myour obvious observations.

Have you not noticed the same thing in poor suburbs in the US ? gangs / houses that look like crap.. drugs.. crime.....
I just didn;t realise it was an Australian issue (?)

except for the easy access to guns ... in the US ... and comparing any part of Australia .. even redfern to the ghettoooo in the US is waay too much i think ... i dont see any houses that has steel plates in front of the windows to prevent stray bullets? i have a few friends in NY and they have this ....

you are not a feminist are you? ;-) (ROFLMAO)

Al I was was saying , is that povery & it's restulats are not straightforward to summarise the solutions for based on our limtied expeirences. If it was that easy, they would have been sovled years ago.

All I was saying is that the patterns of poverty / crime issues etc are present around the world, not just Aussies wearing it with pride (what does whit trash refer to in the US?) . I used the US as an example simply beucse LA Aussie is in LA. I didn;t say all levels of everythign were the exactly the same.

I have been talking about race & pvoerty, that makes me a feminist ??

A quick request guys - Can we please keep the thread (relatively) free of rhetoric and keep it on track.

Too much of the "replies for the sake of replies or making a point" kills the spirit of discussion and doesnt help with healthy contribution on the main thrust of the thread.

There are multiple threads in coffee lounge/ other areas where we can discuss racism, social issues, philosophy etc.

Thanks for your help.

Harris

Pschycoligist / philosophes etc debate this for years.... Like you thet don;t have all the anwsers, but they do agree wtih myour obvious observations.

Have you not noticed the same thing in poor suburbs in the US ? gangs / houses that look like crap.. drugs.. crime.....

I just didn;t realise it was an Australian issue (?)

It isn't, it's probably a western society trend.

Look at places like Bali; most of the population is poor, yet they are beautiful people for the most part; proud, dignified, happy, little crime etc.

If the "dealers" were dinky di bogans / aussie bikie gang members would you have felt better ? just curious as to what you mean when you call if frankganastan(?)

It is wild country, lots of population are as rough as guts but has some great places to live. Everywhere has a history, think st kilda 1977. Wouldnt you have loved to buy a block of flats in st kilda pre gentrification in 1977, they couldnt sell them....
pieman

It is wild country, lots of population are as rough as guts but has some great places to live. Everywhere has a history, think st kilda 1977. Wouldnt you have loved to buy a block of flats in st kilda pre gentrification in 1977, they couldnt sell them....
pieman

1977 is too distant memory.. I would say think Bentleigh, Ashwood, Highett, Footscray, Yarraville and even Port Melbourne .

Think mid nineties and all those suburbs had an aweful reputation .. most had a lot of commission housing and acute drug problem. Forward the clock to 2008 and they are almost all gentrified (relative to their past) and form part of excellent/hip or liveable suburbs with stacks going for them.

Frankston has more going for it now than most of those suburbs when they started gentrifying (excluding commute to cbd, which should become heaps better with the opening of eastlink).

Latest on Dec 07 Frankston median :

Frankston median up 20% from Dec 06 and Frankston South median up 17%. Frankston North median not out yet, however I will suspect it to be over 30% in 12 months.

Harris

Back