Putting together a team

Some time ago I remember reading a comment on this forum about the benefits of setting up a team to help purchase and manage a portfolio. This idea seems very sound. I'd be interested to hear from people who have set out to build a property team. Who did you include? What did you do to prepare the players? How do you manage it month to month? How do you get the the players to talk to each other? Any caveats? I live overseas but my portfolio is in Australia - any tips on managing from afar?

Solicitor, Accountant, Mortgage broker, Banker, Property managers, Realestate sales person, Builders Maintenance staff, Mentors Draftsmen Town planers, etc. The list of the potential team depends on what it is that you are doing.

Make sure that who ever you include in your team practices what they preach.

Wayne:confused:

Hi Tikor.

You may have to change accountants or mortgage brokers etc a couple of times until you come up with 'the right mix' to suit your goals. Don't be put off by this, just part of the fun and games.

Once you get your team that you feel comfortable with, things can move a lot more smoothly.

Regards
Marty

Back