Quality Property - QLD

Hi All
Looking purely for CG, let's not worry about price range, will be purchasing in January/Feb 2008.

What and where should I purchase?

Please elaborate or provide evidence why I should be looking in this area??

Many thanks
MTR

Hiya MT

Main river GC waterfront.

from 750 k to 25 mill :)

Not making any more of it............ and with many well heeled grey southerners coming this way ........

ta
rolf

Where to buy

North Lakes is great

still 3000 blocks to sell half way through the development. Commercial is just under way, 30 mins from the city and 20 max to airport. 40mins to Sunshine Coast. 200 bed Private Hospital just under construction, 300 staff call centre for insurance is under construction.
Very family orientated with private and state schools
go to www.northlakes.com.au for details

Brett

I would say anything in a 5km (or even 10K) ring round Brisbane city.

Prices are moving so who knows when they will stop. But I am confident that, like history shows us, even when they stop, they will start moving again in the future.

Wylie

Hi all,
Thanks for the feedback, it would be alot easier if I were over there.

I don't plan to use a Buyers Agent this time with a fee of around $11,000 its quite a bite out of my profit, here's hoping that with ongoing research and some assistance on the ground I should be OK.

Just an observation, in Melb once the inner city stuff took off, mainly houses, units followed I am thinking perhaps will be the case in Brisbane if not already.

Please keep posting.

Cheers, MTR

Hiya MT

Main river GC waterfront.

from 750 k to 25 mill :)

Not making any more of it............ and with many well heeled grey southerners coming this way ........

ta
rolf

I agree with Rolf - anywhere on the water. With all the cashed-up baby boomers due to head north for retirement you can't go wrong! Waterfronts are always in demand.

Cheers,

Bazza

North Lakes is great

still 3000 blocks to sell half way through the development. Commercial is just under way, 30 mins from the city and 20 max to airport. 40mins to Sunshine Coast. 200 bed Private Hospital just under construction, 300 staff call centre for insurance is under construction.
Very family orientated with private and state schools
go to www.northlakes.com.au for details

Brett

There was an newspaper article recently about bored youth causing problems because of the lack of facilities and poor transport at North Lakes. Was this a media beat up?

Hi all,
Thanks for the feedback, it would be alot easier if I were over there.

I don't plan to use a Buyers Agent this time with a fee of around $11,000 its quite a bite out of my profit, here's hoping that with ongoing research and some assistance on the ground I should be OK.

Just an observation, in Melb once the inner city stuff took off, mainly houses, units followed I am thinking perhaps will be the case in Brisbane if not already.

Please keep posting.

Cheers, MTR

I don't think that Brisbane is as far advanced in the property cycle as Melbourne. Herron Todd White says that Brisbane is in a rising market while Melbourne has or is peaking

I'm with Rolf

(1) Old Queenslander fully renovated ( classic architecture)
(2) Absolute river front.
(3) As large land as you can find ( afford)
(4) Tree lined street ( big trees)
(5) As close to CBD as you can find / afford.

Hope you got deep pockets :)!

LL

Hello mate,

Most expensive suburbs in brissie are new farm, bulimba, ascot, hamilton, clayfield, toowong, hawthorne. If I was cashed up and money were not an option, I would be focusing on these areas. I'd probably lean towards bulimba & new farm on the water.. Just my pref due to them being lifestyle locations.

Hello mate,

Most expensive suburbs in brissie are new farm, bulimba, ascot, hamilton, clayfield, toowong, hawthorne. If I was cashed up and money were not an option, I would be focusing on these areas. I'd probably lean towards bulimba & new farm on the water.. Just my pref due to them being lifestyle locations.

Tin Tin, haven't heard from you for a while. Glad to hear from you again. Like your suggestions but too expensive for most investors. Anything within 10km of CBD will do well. Even as far as 15 km will do especially around the outer CBDs of Mt Gravatt and Chermside.

Hi everyone
thanks for all the help. For someone who knows very little about Brissy I am starting to do OK.

As part of my ongoing research I found this link, with info on inner city suburbs. Keep posting.
Cheers. MTR

http://www.beesnees.com.au/brisbanes_inner_suburbs.html

This link only mentions suburbs within 5km of CBD. If you are looking for quality property, don't ignore anything between 6 and 10km. Some of the properties within 15 km will also give you great capital gain as well, especially as the government is putting in better transport links (eg northern busline) to these suburbs.

Hi NB
I agree with you, plan to spread to 10 km.

Had a search Mt Gravatt is hot, very little listed and lots under offer, (9 offers on this). What about Mt Gravatt (East)?? Any thoughts

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...eader=&c=40320216&s=qld&snf=rbs&tm=1198093205

Mt Gravatt East has one of the largest TAFE colleges in Brisbane and is also close to a university. No train line unfortunately but buses are frequent. Can't see how you can go wrong.

You'd better get in soon as things are still pretty hot at the moment. Despite all the talk about increased interest rates, sub-prime etc I don't think that Brisbane is going to slow down in 2008. I did a lot of buying between Feb 2006 and Sept 2007 as I think that Brisbane will get to its peak towards the end of 2009

Land or View

Hi Guys,

I'm from Melbourne, currently in Goldcoast on a holiday.. but looking around some property as well. Surfers Paradise area there are lots of new high rise appartment on the way.. selling on high prices..but still can buy for high 300ks , but no views at all.. Good view high price more than a million if its new..
just quick question for experts is it worth paying for the view in highrise apartments or better to buy townhouse bit far from the coast.

Sanny

Hi Guys,

I'm from Melbourne, currently in Goldcoast on a holiday.. but looking around some property as well. Surfers Paradise area there are lots of new high rise appartment on the way.. selling on high prices..but still can buy for high 300ks , but no views at all.. Good view high price more than a million if its new..
just quick question for experts is it worth paying for the view in highrise apartments or better to buy townhouse bit far from the coast.

Sanny

Hi Sanny,

New units are very expensive mainly because of demand from overseas buyers. They can only purchase new property. However, if you look for a unit that is a couple of years old you will find the prices are lower as there isn't the demand. Particularly out of the glitter strip.

Cheers,

Bazza

Hi Guys,

Sanny

I'd personally keep clear of these apartments, especially if they are in blocks of 20 or more. If it's for investment, I much prefer townhouses or house on land.

Back