Quantity surveyor needed in Brisbane.

I urgently need a quantity surveyor for my properties in Brisbane. I was tempted to use just anyone from the yellow pages but not too sure whether their promises will match their performance.

Any suggestions from Brisbane investors?

I used BMT & Assoc a few years ago.
All it took was one phone call and they did the rest within a few days.
They sent me a spiral bound booklet with all the details which the accountant
commented as being very good all for $330 at the time.
The second phone call was only to thank them for their prompt service & good
product. Not many people do that these day, people only call to complain, but I like to think I'm different to most. More people should do that.
So I reckon they're great. I can only wish that other services would be so easy.

You won't have any problem with Brisbane. We've got four guys there. BMT cover it, and so do Washington Brown. Just be sure the company you use sends a QS to site - some don't these days. This time of year lots of one man bands pop up doing Depreciation Schedules. They can be cheap and sometimes fine, but as it's not their core business, some of them stuff things up. It's always a good idea to get a sample Schedule sent to you so you can see what you'll get.
Scott

We've used the Depreciator for both our IP's and have had great service. Will use them again in the future.

Thanks all.
You know what's wierd about these endorsements? I have no idea who these people are, because on a forum everybody uses a nickname - we have no Urban Cowboy, Ems, or Raddles in our data base.
People call or email in and mention they are from Somersoft so they get a bit of a discount. And then the job goes into the system.
Most jobs we do involve a client, a property manager, a tenant, an accountant, a QS, and a couple of staff in here. So there are lots of opportunities for things to go pear shaped.
The fact that they rarely do, even during our busy season, is fantastic.
We don't please all of the people all of time, but we do our best.
Scott

when I used drepeciator I didn't have to mention coming from somersoft. they prompted it from me and forced the discount on myself.

Thanks all.
You know what's wierd about these endorsements? I have no idea who these people are, because on a forum everybody uses a nickname - we have no Urban Cowboy, Ems, or Raddles in our data base.
People call or email in and mention they are from Somersoft so they get a bit of a discount. And then the job goes into the system.
Most jobs we do involve a client, a property manager, a tenant, an accountant, a QS, and a couple of staff in here. So there are lots of opportunities for things to go pear shaped.
The fact that they rarely do, even during our busy season, is fantastic.
We don't please all of the people all of time, but we do our best.
Scott

Damn! I didn't mention Somersoft when I called so no discount for me! :mad:

I will next time though :p

Ems

I've just contacted Depreciator. Very impressed with the girl who handled my call. Work out a quote for me in a short time.

Thanks for the tip about a discount. I'm going to ring them up tomorrow and ask for if by mentioning Somersoft.

I'll probably go with Depreciator. I rang up a quantity surveyor that I've used before. I was told he has gone on holiday for 3 weeks and won't be able to help me until he gets back. Pretty slack that they've got no back up so won't be using them.

Someone has recommened Herron, Todd and White. Has anyone had any dealings with them?

The firm you mention are one of many as Scott suggests that won't send a Quantity Surveyor to site.

Don't discount "one man bands" also. Some do know what they are doing and do treat tax as their core business.

Regards

Yep, some one man bands do a good job. It's ages since we've done any jobs in Rocky. We usually just give people Neil's phone number.

Not surprisingly, I think it is best to go with a company that sends a quantity surveyor to site - as opposed to someone who just collects data for someone else to cost. When a QS visits the property, it will be that QS who will cost the building and the Assets. It means that if you have any questions when you get the Depreciation Schedule, the person who visited the property can address them. We had a query this week from someone who thought our reno estimate was too low. So I called the QS who visited the property and got him to send me through the trade breakdown i.e. what he included in the reno cost. Sadly, we weren't able to increase the estimate, but at least the client knew everything had been covered. I reckon sometimes the service after the Schedule is delivered is more important than that at the front end.

In some regional locations, there are no QSs. So other options need to come into play.

Scott

Back