Quantity Surveyor Report

W

WebBoard

Have just bought a block of land and arranging to have a house built on it. We are using a "Project Home" builder, so do I ask them for the depreciation schedule, or is it better to get an independent Quantity Surveyor? And would it be better to get him/her to do the 'costings' just prior to the tenant moving in to include fences, driveways, carpets, etc? I have just heard that a Surveyor charges about $650, does this sound reasonable?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Yes, yes, please do get a surveyor. A good one will be well worth while and its much easier for your tax accountant. I'll find a name and post it later.
Cheers

Jane p

Reply: 2

If you are in Melbourne I just ordered 2 QS reports for 3 bedroom free standing homes (boring average) from Baglin Partners (location in Heidelberg, but services I think all of the Metro area): [email protected] 03 9459 8265, price $385 each.
<p>

<p>
<hr width="50%" color="pink">
<ul>

<li> Unless you change how you are, you'll always have what you've got.
<li> To have more than you've got, become more than you are.

</ul>

Reply: 2.1

Thanks 'Always Learning'; unfortunately I'm in Sydney. I do like their price. Cheers, Stephen.

Reply: 2.1.1

Try BMT & Assoc in Sydney. The last one cost me $495 and they do an excellent job.

Ph 9241 6477

Owen

"Gambling promises the poor what property performs for the rich – something for nothing"

Reply: 2.1.1.1

Stephen

I have also used BMT in Sydney and the schedule generated was very professional. As of July 2002 the rate I was charged for the schedule was $660 inclusive of GST.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Greg

Back