Queen Elizabeth II and her finances

I was reading that the royal finances are down to historically low levels of about 1 million pounds sterling and her accountants have been ticked off by some MPs for their lack of planning regarding maintenance and revenue generation .

I imagine that would go down like a pork chop in a sinagogue :D

When they come out to the colony's on tour who actually pays for everything ? Is it the Australian tax payer who pays for these visits ?

Perhaps some of the royal funds could be used to purchase items like overalls , boots , hard hats etc for her extended family . After all , one must always try ones best I believe :)

I guess there comes a point where living off rent doesn't cut the mustard, even for those with huge property investments.

When they come out to the colony's on tour who actually pays for everything ? Is it the Australian tax payer who pays for these visits ?

I don't know who pays for the actual visit (flights, accommodation, etc), but I do recall reading that royal visits do come at a significant cost to the local tax payer, with things like security, receptions, etc.

I guess there comes a point where living off rent doesn't cut the mustard, even for those with huge property investments.

It's the tax that put's her in this position. She only gets to keep 15% of the profits on the royal estate. If she kept it all they would be swimming in funds.

It's a replenishing figure - she gets approx $55m again each year, plus she owns prodigious amounts of real estate etc.

Evidently most of the money has gone on renovating Buckingham Palace or Balmoral or somehwere. How would you like to be in charge of those renovations?

Evidently most of the money has gone on renovating Buckingham Palace or Balmoral or somehwere. How would you like to be in charge of those renovations?

If they sold the properties, you would have to withhold far more than $250 at settlement for issues

I've been to one of her house opens at Windsor but they didn't even advertise whether it was for sale or rent, let alone how much money. What sort of open was that?

I've been to one of her house opens at Windsor but they didn't even advertise whether it was for sale or rent, let alone how much money. What sort of open was that?

How were you dressed at the time? Perhaps that is why they didn't take you seriously? :p:D

How were you dressed at the time? Perhaps that is why they didn't take you seriously? :p:D

This reminds me of an incident from that time in England. We went to a Sunday morning service at a cathedral some distance away from where we lived. It was a popular service with a fair sized congregation. We were dressed up in appropriate clothes.

Except- when we got out of the car my wife realised she was still wearing her fluffy pink slippers.

Back