Question about this forum

I really hated having to post this here but there was no "generic / technical help" sort of sub forum and I know many others probably have this same problem.

I'm really enjoying this forum but have found it difficult to keep track of the many sub-forums I post on. Is there a way to view all threads in ALL forums (all threads, just just ones I've created)? Or alternatively a way to view threads I've posted in, BUT have had new posts (by other people) since I last posted? I know I can see a full listing of my own posts via my profile but these features would really help. These are features are present in other forums that make them so much more enjoyable to use and I'm hoping there's something similar here.

Thanks!

I use the "New Posts" link to see all new posts (from all sub forums).

I also just do a search on my nic using the search function (hmm... sounds a bit self serving) to bring up all threads I have posted in or heaven forbid where my name hase been mentioned!

The Y-man

(hmm... sounds a bit self serving)

Na I don't think so:) If you have a few questions in different forums it can be a pain to have to check each one to see if they have been replied to!

Also your search thing only works if they used your name. I reckon 99% of replies probably don't even mention your name so this probably wouldn't work for what I'm after anyway:)

Look at the envelopes down the left hand side.

- a closed envelope means no new posts since you last looked
- an open envelop means new posts
- an arrow on the envelope means you have posted in that thread
- orange means hot topic views or posts etc
- brown is normal
- click on the little down arrow beside thread title to go to first unread post.

Cheers

Oh I see. Fantastic.

What about the ability to view ones you've created or posted in but has been recently replied to?

You can check your subscribed threads list in the control panel:

http://somersoft.com/forums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

Note that this only shows threads you've actually subscribed to - you can automatically subscribe to threads when you post in them and optionally have the system send you an email when there are updates:

http://somersoft.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

(look for the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" under the "Messaging & Notification" notification).

You can also manually subscribe to a thread you want to keep track of, but haven't yet posted in.

I was actively part of homeone forum when we were building our home.

They have these links.
View unread posts | View new posts | View your posts

Once in a while I click on the 'View your posts'. It brings up all my post with a small coloured icon if there are any new posts.

Sim',

Is there any chance a feature could be implemented where posters can 'tag' other posters, which would assist if someone wants to ask a specific question in a thread that might otherwise get missed?

Sim',

Is there any chance a feature could be implemented where posters can 'tag' other posters, which would assist if someone wants to ask a specific question in a thread that might otherwise get missed?

Yes, the new forum will have this ability eg: @Rickardo

Back