Quinns Rocks

Just want to throw the feelers out there on thoughts about quinns rocks.
Can get a large block with ocean views for less than 500K.
Some areas are supposed to be re-zoned R60, I was thinking about targeting the semi-retired/ retired with lock and leave townhouses by the beach?

What are your thoughts on the rezoning? Will it happen? How far away? Will urban sprawl continue up the coast? Im looking at doing somthing with instant potential but it would be a good land bank in my opinion!
Your thoughts.
Cheers

Instant potential?

Quinns looks ok actually but who knows how long rezoning will take. if i was looking for a home to live in for a few years and was willing to live in woop woop id consider a quinns home on large block with rezoning potential.

for a long term investor i guess it could be good too. for a developer there are too many unknowns.

Yeah, its not directly what im looking at for the time being as it will tie up to much money but as a buy and hold I don’t think you could go wrong. Especially if like you say you would be willing to live there for a few years.
A Plan would be to “peg out” potential block sites, build a 2 story unit on the best one and live there with a large sandy backyard…

R60....would you live in an apartment with reduced parking concessions nowhere near public transport and not many parks?

beach, tick.
golf, tick.
woolworths, tick.
decent public school, tick.

everything else....fail.

Just want to throw the feelers out there on thoughts about quinns rocks.
Can get a large block with ocean views for less than 500K.
Some areas are supposed to be re-zoned R60, I was thinking about targeting the semi-retired/ retired with lock and leave townhouses by the beach?

What are your thoughts on the rezoning? Will it happen? How far away? Will urban sprawl continue up the coast? Im looking at doing somthing with instant potential but it would be a good land bank in my opinion!
Your thoughts.
Cheers

Where would they put their caravan, boat and car? lol!

Urban sprawl will no doubt continue and the northern beaches will continue to be popular - especially with the Euro immigrants.

I think someone will always want a townhouse but as that is easily achievable on R30/R40 I don't know why the Council is looking for R60 - that is really apartment zoning to get the most out of it.

Yeah only the blocks that run along Ocean drive are going to be R60, the rest R30/40, but you all probably knew that.
The way I justify it is I could effectively supply 3x2 townhouses with double lock up garages for Sub500K which in 5-7 years I don’t think you will be able to find, with ocean glimpses, next to Mindarie marina 2 min from future freeway.
I agree its defiantly a more long-term strategy and it feels like a long way from the city or anywhere really but so did ocean reef 10 years ago.
The only thing is there is a surplus of land all the way to Yanchep ? I don’t know something to think about

Mindarie isn't being expanded, though - Ocean Reef is, but that's half an hour away.

Dave - it's the Ocean Drive strip being rezoned R60.

maybe good for short stay apts? but then that's pretty seasonal and not many peeps holiday in Yanchep anymore.

Where would they put their caravan, boat and car? lol!

As funny as it may be, i think this is the most serious consideration to anyone buying or investing in this area. From my experience, anyone living in this area does so as a lifestyle choice, and that lifestyle inculde Land-cruisers, quad bikes, jet skis and 15' fishing tinnies. How many of these R60 apartments are going to have a triple garage attached for each occupant?

Re zoning is already happening in Quinns as the sewerage goes through, which is taking a lot longer than anyone anticipated due to the limestone.I have family doing a subdivision in old Quinns and the figures on paper look good. The big unknown though is site costs as these can easily blow out. I have seen many blocks in Old Quinns purchased and then re sold a year later after the site costs have been calculated.

Re zoning is already happening in Quinns as the sewerage goes through, which is taking a lot longer than anyone anticipated due to the limestone.I have family doing a subdivision in old Quinns and the figures on paper look good. The big unknown though is site costs as these can easily blow out. I have seen many blocks in Old Quinns purchased and then re sold a year later after the site costs have been calculated.

I hope they don't hit cap rock!
I live on an old limestone quarry that is also part swamp (what a great combo) and when we were digging for our pool we hit cap rock and so we had to build a raised area to put the pool in.
Sigh
Thankgoodness we have a few Tonka toys to help dig, move and shove stuff around

As funny as it may be, i think this is the most serious consideration to anyone buying or investing in this area. From my experience, anyone living in this area does so as a lifestyle choice, and that lifestyle inculde Land-cruisers, quad bikes, jet skis and 15' fishing tinnies. How many of these R60 apartments are going to have a triple garage attached for each occupant?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-22/housing-swap-on-for-young-and-old/4644252

I don’t think its far enough away to be pigeonholed solely as a costal lifestyle choice.... Lancelin maybe?
But it is a 10min drive and you’re in Hillary’s from quinns and has lots of amenities with all the interior suburbs popping up. Plus it’s only really the main strip that’s R60, back from that is mostly R40 so that’s still a reasonable size, Its all my parents would need. They have similar properties but are in Mandurah

10 minutes is a bit ambitious.

I actually feel like this is a common sentiment amongst 6030 residents, "It's not that far, really, it's only a couple of minutes up the freeway."

Don't get me wrong, I lived in 6030 for a couple of years and am about to move back, I love the area.

But 10 minutes (from Quinns) barely gets you to Burns Beach road, the start of the freeway. (I know you'd take Marmion to Hilarys, no need to correct me.) Quinns to Whitfords is at least 20+ minutes. You can't really list Hilarys as one of Quinns' nearby attractions.

I'm also not against the idea of development happening here, just musing on the likelihood that it would some unique considerations to make. My ear ***** up at the idea of a couple of R60 blocks in Catalina (Is that correct, Westminster? I think it was you who I first heard this from.)

Haha. Automatic text censoring is a bit silly sometimes isn't it. That was supposed to say p.r.i.c.k in a completely non-vulgar way.

I would say its Comparatively as far from the city as Rockingham, If not access will be just as fast once the new freeway goes in. Just about 15 years behind as far as development. 5 years as far as price/sqm. .

I would say its Comparatively as far from the city as Rockingham, If not access will be just as fast once the new freeway goes in. Just about 15 years behind as far as development. 5 years as far as price/sqm. .

does the freeway not go to quinns already? I went there once about 10 years ago but can't recall how I did it

I did a speccy at yanchep, same problem, at the time had to go out to that inland road

does the freeway not go to quinns already? I went there once about 10 years ago but can't recall how I did it

I did a speccy at yanchep, same problem, at the time had to go out to that inland road

Not yet, It got extended past Joondalup to Burns Beach road about 5(?) years ago This is about 6km short of the closest part of Quinns. There is a proposed extension to Butler, with on-ramps at Neerabup drive (Clarkson/Catalina), Hester ave (Clarkson/Ridgewood) and Lukin Drive (ridgewood/butler).

As far as I know (Last i checked was about a year ago,) there is no timeline set for construction and propbably won't start until at least 2015.

yeah i did that massive subdivision / design on the corner of ashburton and lukin and BACK THEN it was going to be 2015, then 2020, then 2025, now back to 2015.

Back