QUIZ: 20 qs - the cleaner

Originally posted by asy

Next Questions:

Would anyone else have reacted the same (as in was it specific to that person)?

Is the fact that she is a cleaner relevant?

Was there anyone in the chest?

if so, were they alive?

1 - Yes (No).
2 - No.
3 - No.
4 N/A

Jas

OK...

Does the contents of the chest say anything about the owner of the house?

Is the owner of the house a threat to the cleaner now that she knows about the contents?

asy :D

Originally posted by asy
OK...

Does the contents of the chest say anything about the owner of the house?

Is the owner of the house a threat to the cleaner now that she knows about the contents?

1 - Yes
2 - Yes

You'd better get this soon, you guys are starting to run out of Qs

Jas

Ok, so,

The cleaner finds something in the chest which makes her fear for her life. It is something about the owner of the house. And this makes her move away.

Hmmm....

As Jas pointed out in chat, we are nearing our 20 questions...

Ok, I will only ask one more now, to allow others to ask...

Is the Owner of the house a criminal?

Okay Jas,

I am back from the client cocktail party, and I've missed all the fun!

Seems we have failed, there have been more than 20 questions.

Did she find evidence in the chest that led her to believe the owner had found out something damning about herself?

Are you still awake?

Steve

Originally posted by Steve Navra
Okay Jas,

I am back from the client cocktail party, and I've missed all the fun!

Seems we have failed, there have been more than 20 questions.

Did she find evidence in the chest that led her to believe the owner had found out something damning about herself?

Are you still awake?

Steve

Hope you enjoyed the party Steve.
I don’t' count the N/As cause they only applied if another q was a particular answer.

By my count, your q is the 16th.
1 - No.

I wasn't awake; I'm a morning person :)

Jas

Hi there,
Did the cleaner have any relationship to the house owner other than being a cleaner?
Was the cleaner there on cleaning duties?
Were there photos in the chest?

Originally posted by tenofdiamonds
Hi there,
Did the cleaner have any relationship to the house owner other than being a cleaner?
Was the cleaner there on cleaning duties?
Were there photos in the chest?

1 - no
2 yes
3 no

Jas

Originally posted by aussieclay
is the house a dolls house?

(im really struggling)

aussieclay

no.

The answer is (don't scroll if you want to figure it out yourself)

The woman was a black woman. She found clothing in the chest. Specifically a KKK outfit. She left the city for less racist pastures.

Want another?

Jas

Hi Jas,

FINALLY... but...

I know its just a puzzle, but I have a few questions...

This doesnt seem like a conclusion that could be logically reached given the information. For instance, why would the revelation of the costume mean the cleaner had to not only leave her job, but upend her family, sell the house, and move cities. Isnt this a bit drastic. One of the questions Asy asked was

"Would a normal person have reacted the same in this situation"

I certainly wouldnt move town because my employer espoused political views contrary to my own. I would confront them, and if the answer to my query wasnt satisfactory, I would find a new employer. Why does the fact that her employer is racist mean that an entire city is tainted with the same brush?

Hope Im not being pedantic, just pointing out that I think a logical progression of thought would not have come up with the answer given the question.

I quess the big question is this:

Why would a member of the KKK hire a black woman to spend hours a day inside their home? My understanding of the KKK is that they want as little to do with people of a race not their own - I cant see a member of an extreme right wing cult letting the object of their hatred spend all day touching their personal belongings.

Jamie.:p

Only whingeing 'cos I couldnt solve it... but I guess they are my reasons why :D

Originally posted by Jamie
Hi Jas,

"Would a normal person have reacted the same in this situation"

I certainly wouldnt move town because my employer espoused political views contrary to my own. I would confront them, and if the answer to my query wasnt satisfactory, I would find a new employer. Why does the fact that her employer is racist mean that an entire city is tainted with the same brush?

That was a hard one to answer, cause other 'black' people might react in the same way, but 'white' people wouldn't.

If it helps, its rare for this one to be solved. KKK isn't something Australian's think of

Jas

Back