Quotes That Inspire & Motivate You

I do love this thread, and I thought to myself "oh what if we start to repeat all our quotes"...and then I thought, but isn't that good?

"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge
That myth is more potent than history
That dreams are more powerful than facts.
That Hope always triumphs over experience
That laughter is the only cure for grief
And I believe that love is stronger than death."

Robert Fulghum

"If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber." ....Albert Einstein

"When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I came to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge." ......Albert Einstein

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes closed." ....Albert Einstein

"Peace has to be created, in order to be maintained. It is the product of Faith, Strength, Energy, Will, Sympathy, Justice, Imagination and the triumph of principle.

It will never be achieved by passivity and quietism." .....Dorothy Thompson

"If I am through learning, I am through." ....John Wooden

Someone shared this quote with me last week. It came at exactly the right time !!

Margaret Mead:
Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

Kudos, Margaret Mead,

Regards,

Here's another less known quote.

"Investment property is a total waste. I think that people who invest in it will crash to the ground".

-GeoffW, about 10 years ago. (Not actually a quote, but a paraphrase of what I was thinking at the time).

Funny about how people change in their attitudes.

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.
- Muhammad Ali

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."
- Muhammad Ali

I ran on the road, long before I danced under the lights.
- Muhammad Ali

If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.
- Muhammad Ali

Superman don't need no seat belt.
- Muhammad Ali

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
- Muhammad Ali

Your opponent, in the end, is never really the player on the other side of the net, or the swimmer in the next lane, or the team on the other side of the field, or even the bar you must high-jump. Your opponent is yourself, your negative internal voices, your level of determination.
- Grace Lichtenstein

I was told over and over again that I would never be successful, that I was not going to be competitive and the technique was simply not going to work. All I could do was shrug and say 'We'll just have to see.'
- Dick Fosbury
(won an Olympic gold medal at the 1968 Mexico City Games after he invented a revolutionary high-jump technique)

All I want out of life, is that when I walk down the street folks will say, "There goes the greatest hitter that ever lived."
- Ted Williams
(The LAST man to ever hit .400 in a major league baseball season)

Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.
- Muhammad Ali

Never let the fear of striking out get in your way
- George Herman "Babe" Ruth

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.
- Colin Powell

I've always made a total effort, even when the odds seemed entirely against me. I never quit trying; I never felt that I didnt have a chance to win.
- Arnold Palmer

I can tell you one thing. I've done this my way. I don't have anybody to blame for this win but me, and I love it.
- John Daly
(A famous alcoholic, womaniser, and gambler)

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
- Michael Jordan

Get Up!

I realy like "Capacity is a state of mind" - awesome lil idea.

and there's a Van halen song that motivates ther sh%t out of me:

Feel like throwing in the towel, don't be a fool
They're out to knock u out, put u down for the count
Watch the right, watch the left, below the belt
There ain't no power round to keep a good man down
There's still some fight in me...
Thats how it will always be
Hold your head up high
Look em in the eye
GET UP! MAKE IT WORK! MAKE IT WORK!

Hi Folks
My latest greatest quote is
"It is not my thoughts but my current associated emotions activated from those thoughts that bring those things thought about into reality, good or bad".:)
Simon

The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook. - William James

A friend sent me that recently. Cheered me no end. :D Helped me rise above a distressing work situation. Hope it helps someone else lift their chin too.

A couple that come to mind... cant remember where i got them from...

"Never raise both hands to your children...It leaves your groin unprotected...."

"Always remember to keep your feet firmly on the ground as you reach for the stars..."

Cheers
Watto

Still looking for a sig line....

......"Sieze the day".....

From the movie 'The dead poets society' when it was pointed out by Robin Williams that all the old school heroes in the pictures hanging up are now all dead.

See ya's.

Here is mine.....I made this up for people who need a little bit of a nudge to get things happening with property...

"The greatest risk in property investing, is doing nothing!"

:) :) :) :)

This is one I like, it always stops me worrying about things that are outside of my control :)

"Things turn out the best for people who......
make the best of how things turn out"

2c
R

“Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Appreciate your friends.
Continue to learn.