Quoting on colour consulting/project mngt??

Not sure this is the right spot to put this...

i need some advice from those who deal in industrial/commercial properties especially on the refurb side. I have a close friend who is a colour consultant come concept designer by trade who came to me in my profession as an agent some time back looking for help to expand her business. In short i have introduced her around and she now has some work coming in...great, but this has created its own problems.

One of the guys i put her in front of is a commercial/industrial agent in nth bris. We all met up this morning for a catch up and he has managed to give her some work - trouble is - the work is a large commercial site requiring a decent refurb inside and out. Now, she is very good at what she does, but commercially the most she has done is smaller offices etc. My question is...for those of you that have value added/refurbed etc to larger scale commercial sites and the like, how does one quote for these???

for labour etc. do the folks you quote a flat fee?? or by the hour fee??

given that she will be project managing the refurb - what would you expect in the quote and what would you consider is fair etc?? how would you want it presented and what information would you expect???

she will be using a mix of her own contacts and ones the client already has.

don't really know what else to ask as this is soooo far out of my area of expertise but any info i could pass on to help her out would be very much appreciated!!

thanks guys,
UC:D

Back