R-codes, design and setbacks

What determines a primary street and setback over a secondary street and setback. in relation to the r-codes.

With a corner block can you choose? Or need to design with say parking or a main living room facing the primary street to determine the setback.

Cheers

Its usually where the front door is facing. A garage can address either, but I do know that some people have used the actual gazetted address to prove 'frontage' and then put the door to the secondary street.

Its usually where the front door is facing. A garage can address either, but I do know that some people have used the actual gazetted address to prove 'frontage' and then put the door to the secondary street.

Thanks. The gazetted method might just do the trick.
Any thing special where they would not allow this?

And Am i right in saying you can build right upto the truncation boundary?

Cheers

no, still need a 1.0 setback, unless Wanneroo, where a "1.5m visual truncation" is required and interpreted as needing a 1.5m setback to the truncation.

if you are subdividing, the original gazetted address goes out the window and re-allotted to where your front door is facing.

no, still need a 1.0 setback, unless Wanneroo, where a "1.5m visual truncation" is required and interpreted as needing a 1.5m setback to the truncation.

if you are subdividing, the original gazetted address goes out the window and re-allotted to where your front door is facing.

I am subdividing the inside section off and building. But just going over more options for original lot to see if i can fit a granny flat on there beside original house.

I have noticed the corner lot oposite have built a corner to the the centre of the truncation boundary so was hoping it is comman practise.

Cheers

Back