R40 - 776 sqm block

Just a few silly questions regarding build cost:

1. The cost by m2 which is being discussed - do they include GST already or they GST exclusive

2. What is the typical villa turnkey cost

3. What is the typical townhouse (d/storey) turnkey cost

Currently in similar situation and would like to run the numbers on all the available options.

Also, would a build and retain option make you lean towards the apartment option as you will eventually have more rental coming in???

OK, back to this thread.

I got it totally wrong and after some research underestimated the value of what apartments would sell for in this area.

Aaron and Westminster provided info on what I can build on block in terms of number of apartments, builder also confirmed this today, and costings. The location is ideal close to main road, but not on a main road, excellent location sandwiched between blue chip areas.

I calculated $420K resale on each apartment 4x2 80sqm. However after more research it would be more like $485K, am looking at inferior areas which are actually achieving this price now.

Gross would then be around $900K, I am gobsmacked am going down the apartment route. I am also looking at purchasing another site in this area, once this is secured will post more details on area etc.

MTR:)

Will mention the area once I secure another property.

Last edited:
Mention it after you source one for me too :)

Oscar I can source for you but are you prepared for the holding costs.? What the hell, I think its worth it....
;)
We just looked at the figures and initially $800K as I mentioned , now $900K gross, so we have to take out CGT, GST, still bloody OK, that's why I am now looking for a second. The agents are a nightmare, similar to those agents in Melb.......:p

OK, back to this thread.

I got it totally wrong and after some research underestimated the value of what apartments would sell for.

Aaron and Westminster provided info on what I can build on block in terms of number of apartments, builder also confirmed this today, and costings. The location is ideal close to main road, but not on a main road, excellent location sandwiched between blue chip areas.

I calculated $420K resale on each apartment 4x2 80sqm. However after more research it would be more like $485K, am looking at inferior areas which are actually achieving this price now.

Gross would then be around $900K, I am gobsmacked am going down the apartment route. I am also looking at purchasing another site in this area, once this is secured will post more details on area etc.

Will mention the area once I secure another property.

Good news! I do love apartments :)

Good news! I do love apartments :)

My builder mentioned that he is building 6 apartments on a similar size block and said he would flick over the designs. In this area I would also not want ultra modern elevation, perhaps a townhouse look, is that possible with apartments? I feel I would achieve better resale for them if I went this way.

Cheers

My builder mentioned that he is building 6 apartments on a similar size block and said he would flick over the designs. In this area I would also not want ultra modern elevation, perhaps a townhouse look, is that possible with apartments? I feel I would achieve better resale for them if I went this way.

Cheers

Yes you can have some really good looking ones that look hardly different than a townhouse complex. The RCodes forces you to 'hide' the parking so it's not an ugly eye sore and you can present an attractive facade

Check out these pretty ones

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-wa-innaloo-115680211

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-wa-scarborough-115887047

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-wa-scarborough-116796351

Back