Rail Link planned for North Western Sydney

10 years. And that's the GOVERNMENT's expectation. My kids could be in uni by the time it's finished, and I don't even have kids yet!

To achieve your utopia of steady or even declining average / median house prices, YM, govt-funded infrastructure would have to run AHEAD of demand. Right now the govt is so far behind it's not funny. That NW rail line won't even be sufficient to service EXISTING hills residents. What about the demand from the NEXT 10 years worth of population growth?
Alex

10 years. And that's the GOVERNMENT's expectation. My kids could be in uni by the time it's finished, and I don't even have kids yet!

To achieve your utopia of steady or even declining average / median house prices, YM, govt-funded infrastructure would have to run AHEAD of demand. Right now the govt is so far behind it's not funny. That NW rail line won't even be sufficient to service EXISTING hills residents. What about the demand from the NEXT 10 years worth of population growth?
Alex

Quoted for truth.

http://news.smh.com.au/tunnel-drama-wont-hit-ppps-says-iemma/20080319-20cf.html

Looks to be a PPP (Public Private Partnership). The public are so stupid - the government effectively increases their taxes (via a private third party) and they don't even realise it.

How do you continue to tax insanely and spend it all only on special interest groups around election time?? The answer is transfer all your true responsibilities (infrustructure) to a private company and have them tax for you. The public fall for it every time.

Back