Ray White sales climb 15% in March

hi all
interesting post ray white invest is at the moment trying to claw back funds out in the market place
not sure what to make of an increase in sales.
you can have an increase in sales without making a increase in value
if every thing was sold at 30% below cost and vendors accepted that you would have an increase in the agents sales for that quarter but you can look at liquidator margins as well and they also would be up at the moment.
so it may well not be a increase in sale because of lower interest rates or first home owners grants
it could be because dec to april funds have to report and they have to clear debt
and real estate sells real estate so yes there numbers would be up
I would read very little into this number if anything at all
but that just me

I know that our local Ray White have been flat out, the main guy I speak to hasn't been able to get days off and is working until late at night and they have virtually cleared all of the lower priced properties so I assume the same thing is happening everywhere.

what a pity the true facts are not posted by RW in a breakdown of actual prices.

Price ranges of properties sold would be a good starter!

Mid and upper market is terrible in most areas.

Lack of listings and actual buyers is just keeping things afloat with prices currently in my opinion with four areas I am targeting in Qld and Nthn NSW.

Still the spin doctors of real estate will always gloss over the real picture of whats happening.

The trend is still down mid term.

Good luck punters.

what a pity the true facts are not posted by RW in a breakdown of actual prices.

Price ranges of properties sold would be a good starter!

Mid and upper market is terrible in most areas.

Lack of listings and actual buyers is just keeping things afloat with prices currently in my opinion with four areas I am targeting in Qld and Nthn NSW.

Still the spin doctors of real estate will always gloss over the real picture of whats happening.

The trend is still down mid term.

Good luck punters.

let's not be too melodramatic here csc.

I don't think the article is trying to deceive anyone. I think your making too much of it

I know that our local Ray White have been flat out, the main guy I speak to hasn't been able to get days off and is working until late at night and they have virtually cleared all of the lower priced properties so I assume the same thing is happening everywhere.

Thats a big assumption.

Fact is, now, some properties are cheaper to buy than rent, and anyone who realises this and has the power to enter the market will.

People need houses to live in, and there are always people buying and selling, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Bottom line, In 10 years houses would have doubled in value, and rents would be around about the same.
Now if I could only get the same effect with my wages. . . ;)

Didn't they just have their Auction Spectacular at the end of March?
They would have flogged off a fair bit of stock then.

Ray White sales climb 15% in March

The only news in this story is that Ray White sales are up.. they don't care if it's a rising/declining/sideways market.. all they care about is their commission and getting their name out there..

I don't think the article is trying to deceive anyone.

Are you serious??

The real Estate industry as a whole will try any means they can to pump the market along...this being one of them...

Between various agents and their state bodies feeding the media over the past 12 mths they have to be getting close to running out of stories, no matter how laughable they are.

You only have to go to news.com.au each week to see media releases..one day the market is turning, the next its going over a cliff.......up, down, up, down!

Propaganda by those with an invested interest.......

If there were no comissions involved then it would be a different story with how they portrayed themselves and the real market conditions...

I really dislike all agents and their B/S media releases....

I prefer to look at facts...

Melodramatic enough now?? :)

The market I guarantee wont turn around in the next 12 mths, it will be years!!

People forget this: yep we have low rates, woppee! all its doing is basically holding the market up by its pubes...

As soon as inflation kicks in, rates will climb again...then watch what really happens to house prices that are still overinflated..........FHBers will be dumping along with the showponey investors who are up to their teeth in too much debt unless they have made allowances......that will be the time to buy into the market in my opinion..............punters will start to panick with a true mix of unemployment, rates spiking and prices visually sliding..few more years yet...

next big turnaround in price jumps 2015-2016..plenty of time to get set

Good luck, each to their own.

Not really I think it reflects what has been observed by both buyers and sellers of property on the forum over the last few weeks.

Hi

I spoke with an REA this morning, about a property that I was eyeing but was snapped up very quickly, with the FHB paying almost asking price and the vendors being very happy to sell. The REA was telling me that any decent 1 or 2 bedrm property gets sold within 2 wks in the suburbs that we are looking at.

Then I mentioned about the lack of available stock, and he said that he has decided to walk the beat and drop some ads into the postbox, to encourage more people to consider selling, or to at least spread the news that the market is really good for the low-end market at the moment.

He believed that too many people have bought into the 'doom & gloom' of the media of late, and could be a factor in seeing the low availability of stock for sale.

Interesting point.

Regards
Daniel Lee

Are you serious??

The real Estate industry as a whole will try any means they can to pump the market along...this being one of them...

Are you serious??

Why would they bother?

They make dollars at both ends of the scale whether prices are going up and its a buying frenzy or if prices are falling and desperate punters are dumping.

The dollars on the end of each deal makes bugger all difference to the commissions, $30k off is only dollars for the agent so you could say that they have a similar result when prices are dropping .

Dave

Last edited:
Speaking of big assumptions....

Bottom line, In 10 years houses would have doubled in value, and rents would be around about the same.

Want2bewealthy, I've heard you say this many times and it really makes me nervous. While people have differing opinions on likely yields going into the future, I don't think many realistic investors hold your same conviction that you'll be able to get that sort of CG return into the future. Granted, it may have happened in recent years but its by no means the norm for return on property investment...some even say it was a once in a lifetime boom.

Ironically, I think you may have pointed the big weakness in your own assertion when you say:

All I'm saying is, I hope your investment strategy is not premised merely on CGs because once in a lifetimes can probably cut both ways....

Are you serious??

Why would they bother?

They make dollars at both ends of the scale whether prices are going up and its a buying frenzy or if prices are falling and desperate punters are dumping.

yes for sure it works both ways but right now stocks are quite low in many areas.....they need listings hence the pumpup saying the market is healthy.......plenty of sales etc

agents need listings, quality listings to survive...the housing market is definitely not healthy in australia.

Come on W2BW;

think big picture; in 10 years your wage will be but a mere drivel in comparison to your wealth from your investment income. ;)

Just got an email from RW saying they have had so many enquiries about mortgagee in possession sales that they are going to set up a seperate section on their website highlighting these. I know we all tryto buy well, but this seems a bit goolish to me,poor buggars who have lost their homes, hung out for all go in hard on

Back