RE.com Charging for advertising

Just signed up new PM's and they had a clause about advertising fee/charge of $50/lease.

I have used this PM before when she worked for another agency so have no reason to doubt her, but my DD demands I check.

When questioned they stated the RE.com will soon be charging / listing, not the X amount of dollars for as many as you want as they had previously.

Has anyone else heard of this change coming in?

AFAIK most agents pay a monthly charge for their advertising which has been dependent upon several factors. Recently RE.com has changed their model so as well as charging a premium for 'top spot' etc they are also charging for where the property is/competition and whatever else they can think of to extract more out of the agent (read vendor/owner).

RE.com have introduced various different pricing structures, all of them are extremely high.

The most basic plan is monthly charge plus a per property listing.
Other plans included unlimited standard listings.
More expensive plans include premium listings, then elite listings and so on.

With the latest rounds of increases, it is no longer feasible for real estate agents to absorb internet advertising costs across REA, Domain and often an third industry backed portal.

More expensive plans include premium listings, then elite listings and so on.

Who bothers to pay for the premium listings? They seem a waste to me, but I've never sold RE.

When I search for property I bypass the premium listings and sort by price, time on market or use the map function. I presumed everyone else did the same?

Realestate.com charge a subscription fee, plus per property listing fee - this has recently changed.

The cost actually varies per area as well, I don't know about the average for where your property is, but mine are usually around $75/listing.

Back