Real estate Agents

I am currently buying a couple of hoses in a regional town from two different agents. The first has been in the bussiness for years is very professional and honest and as such seems to be primarily motivated to get the best price for the vendor. I am negotiating a fair price with her currently on a 3 bed house. The second is only 2 years in real estate and has only been in sales for 6 months part time (I think I was palmed off on her) Her motivation seems to be primarily to make a sale (understandable with her experience) I have had my first low ball offer accepted by her vendor. This has got me thinking I have always thought of going to the senior person in a re firm. But I am wondering if I would not be better looking for the newest recriut. Any thoughts?????:rolleyes:

Hi Silas

Thats an interesting point that you make.

Would the "new" saleperson be wanting to make quick sales, no matter what the price, and get both commission and good marks for getting a sale.
Or, would they be wanting to get "good marks' for getting a really top price, but risk losing the buyer, who may well go on to buy somewhere else, and the house may get sold through another salesperson, therefore the "new" salesperson doesnt get anything.

Hmmm, i think I know what i would do :)

Its more a matter of the individuals ethics and personality rather than time in the industry.

I've met some manipulative / cynical "old hands " who's main motivation is getting the sale, and some enthusiastic idealistic newbies who want to the best for their clients.

See Change

Silas,

It appears to me that you are making a couple of assumptions here?

A sale does not depend solely on the Salesperson. The Vendor's motivation to sell is a major factor.

In the second transaction, a variation of factors may have occurred unbeknowns to yourself eg

1. You may have been the highest/only offer that the vendor has had in months.

2.Vendors may have other interests to pursue.

3. The property was overpriced by the "inexperienced agent" in the first place and your offer is in fact fair.

You have stated that "you are negotiating a fair price with the vendor on the first property". - May I suggest that the agent is the one negotiating and it appears that you do not yet have a contract on this property, whereas the 2nd agent has negotiated and you do have a contract on that property.

Who is the better agent???????

Don't assume that because an agent has only been in the Real Estate Game for a relatively short amount of time that they are not very good. Some of the top agents have come from amazing backgrounds and also from next to no where and absolutely cleaned up and won numerous awards.

In my opinion, a good Real estate agent/salesperson is one who listens to both parties, keeps the communication channels open to all parties and negotiates a deal that both parties are delighted with.

Cheers
BUNDY

Last edited:
Don't assume that because an agent has only been in the Real Estate Game for a relatively short amount of time that they are not very good. Some of the top agents have come from amazing backgrounds and also from next to no where and absolutely cleaned up and won numerous awards.

Dear Bundy,

Can agree with that. Just ask the Ray White "Salesperson of the year 2002" (Latest award) how many years he has been in the business.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Back