reasonable time

what is the reasonable time frame to get a tenant to fix several issues I have brought to his attention after he left the home . all amicable just need a time frame to know whats fair

Before the next tenant is due to move in.

i am selling the place ,so I don't want to get in there till the tenant has fixed the list I gave him ,that's why I needed a reasonable time frame before I got in and get subcontractors to finish and take the cost out of his bond

Give him an opportunity to fix it within the time frame you have to arrange the bond refund minus a couple of days. Let him know the date that it needs to be done by before you need to arrange trades to have it taken from the bond. In VIC we have 10 business days to either refund or make an application against the bond. If a tenant can't rectify or show they have made arrangements to rectify within 7 days then we start the process of sending trades and making applications. :)

what is the reasonable time frame to get a tenant to fix several issues I have brought to his attention after he left the home . all amicable just need a time frame to know whats fair

What needs to be done?

If we're talking about "sub-contractors" then it sounds like it's more than just a quick drive to bunnings for supplies.

Cheers

Jamie

I give the tenant 24 hours to rectify. There's no set time limit, and no requirement that we allow the tenants to go back - it's just good practice in the event it goes to VCAT. As Sez stated, in Vic we have 10 business days to make a claim, and we need as much of that time to organise quotes/tradesmen etc.

Back