Recommendation for legal conveyancer WA

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody has a reliable, well-priced conveyancer?

I've been quoted at around the $1,400 mark for a property sub $300K - this seems pretty high to me... Not a first home owner and should be a pretty straight forward process.

Thoughts?

Bellmac Settlements are reasonably priced.

Are they legal conveyancers? What sort of price do they charge?

I'd like to stick with my existing conveyancer for simplicity's sake - but I'm sure it is several hundred more than I need to pay.

Need to find a cheaper building inspection too - I'm sure I overpaid for that last time as well.

Conveyancing only. I have only used a solicitor a couple of times interstate. Are you getting them to go over Real estate contract before you sign?
Add- the last quote I had was about $1100-$1200 all inclusive of fees for $525,000 property.

I could be wrong but I don't think you'll get much lower than $1000. Is it worth the $400 to make a change now?

Conveyancing only. I have only used a solicitor a couple of times interstate. Are you getting them to go over Real estate contract before you sign?
Add- the last quote I had was about $1100-$1200 all inclusive of fees for $525,000 property.

I've been recommended by numerous people to use legal conveyancers. Admittedly, I haven't really considered the alternative.

No, I'm not getting them to go over the contract.

I could be wrong but I don't think you'll get much lower than $1000. Is it worth the $400 to make a change now?

This is a fair point, but if you apply it to all stages of the buying process (i.e. conveyancing, building inspection reports, building insurance etc), it starts adding up.

If $1,400 is a fair price, then I don't mind. But it seems on the high end for a cheap property.

I don't think the price or cost of the property affects how much a solicitor or conveyancer will charge.

Dept. of commerce WA has a schedule of fees that settlement agents are allowed to charge for property settlements. The schedule is directly related to sale/purchase price.

Most agents I've spoken to have quoted their rate as a percentage of this schedule, (like "DoC says we can charge you $1500, but we'll give you a 25% discount...")

Dept. of commerce WA has a schedule of fees that settlement agents are allowed to charge for property settlements. The schedule is directly related to sale/purchase price.

Most agents I've spoken to have quoted their rate as a percentage of this schedule, (like "DoC says we can charge you $1500, but we'll give you a 25% discount...")

Yes! You should be able to get 40-50% discount off the maximum fee from a conveyancer. Legal firms would have higher rates I'd imagine.

Cs legal in Perth.

I got one done for $850 last year, plus registration of transfer $210, and disbursents $450.
That price is only for referrals so consider this a referral.

I have 2 quotes from lawyers, both offered discounted rates - 1. down to $1000, (40% discount) 2. $1350 (25% discount) plus disbursements.

have paid $2500 in the past :eek: so am happy with the above.

For a decent conveyancer in perth, $1000-1100 inclusive should be about what you pay. Or a bit more for a lawyer.

Cheers

Back