Recommendation for online plants

We're buying more and more on line but one thing we haven't bought online so far is plants.

Has any one experience , good or bad , with online plants ?

Probably more mature , rather than seedlings .

Cliff

Bought various fruits trees from Daleys.

Very few survived - but not from the quality of plants - just too blooming cold here.

The Y-man

Probably no better than going straight to a wholesaler/grower - either way there would be delivery costs involved and this is where they would come from anyway I would say.

I bought from plants4perth and ws happy with the quality and service. As to why you would buy on line its because retailers here never have anymore than a few plants in stock and to order in takes forever.

are you speaking from experience ?

Cliff

It crossed my mind that by "online" you may have meant buying from wholesalers /growers direct via their website, whereas I originally assumed ebay, Gumtree etc. (which would probably be wholesalers and growers). When looking up info on plants I have often come across wholesalers/growers who do sell via online. Retailers source from various growers, some interstate, many in the north western & south western areas of Sydney, central coast/Somersby etc. There is a native plant grower/trade/retail on the northern beaches I have bought from many times, retail - but cheaper than normal retailers. But sometimes Flower Power has some good discount sales.

are you speaking from experience ?

Cliff

Yes I am,I bought from daicos, I usually buy from them and are quite good, I had bought a palm, itwas 200 so it was quite a decent size, 45lt bag. I had watered it everyday as there recommendation. I had asked about soil conditions,I knew I was in a sandy area so I knew it was good for it. It didn't have wet feet. Months later the plant had died.

I knew from then on I best go into a plant nursery so I Can actually see what I'm looking for in the plants I choose not just get the next in line one

I buy bulb seeds from Garden Express. I have attached results after few months.

They have a forum as well but it is not very active.

Attachments

• 2014-09-11 16.46.00.jpg
    2014-09-11 16.46.00.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 55
  • 2014-09-11 16.47.03.jpg
    2014-09-11 16.47.03.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 59
Bought some rare citrus trees from Daleys, they survived well after potting up even though they were bare rooted during transport.
Asked some local nurseries but they hadn't herd of what i was after and weren't interested in ordering in small quantities.

Going to order some nut trees next, just need to wait until we move.

Back