Recommendations on Floating Floors?

I'm looking at putting floating floors in my house, but hate the laminate look. Is anyone able to recommend a good supplier/installer in the South/South East of Melbourne.

I'm looking for some Engineered boards that actually look like real floor boards.

Thanks in advance.

can't direct you to where to get them but i would either go laminate or go the whole way. I put a 4mm real timber veneer floating floor in the last place and was very disappointed with how it lasted and to top it off it cost $60 m^2 supply only i installed myself but i am told its about $30 m^2 if they do it.

For 120 m^2 i have seen work done on an ex's friends house and they came in and descrete nailed real boards over existing chip and it looked amazing and was holding up well despite the busy household.

There are a lot of different options out there and they vary in quality and cost greatly. We just supplied/installed bamboo floating floors for a client which was $65 per square meter for the boards and $30 per square meter for the installation, but you'll find that there will be other cheaper options out there as well as more expensive. It all comes down to what look you are trying to achieve, how durable you want them to be and how much you want to spend.

Wishing you every success, Ana

Back