Refused entry to open - for not giving details

lots of replies

even though my post doesn't show up first - i started the thread and would like to thanks everyone for their emotive replies.

The general gist seems to be that most of you believe its commonplace and also acceptable for an agent to do that.

Fair enough - i disagree that its acceptable, but understand thats others see it differently.

Thanks for all your replies - and as suggested in some posts, i'll simply walk away from those agents who "require" it.

i'll simply walk away from those agents who "require" it.

So that would make you a tire kicker.

If the place really held interest and you were serious, giving details wouldn't bother you.

After all, you put them on the contract, so its hardly a national secret.

Dave

Geez... lol

The real estate agent has to take down your details for security, and yes may call you back regarding feedback for the property.

This is not a conspiracy, agents are required by law to know who is going into the house.

There will be a privacy statement plaque telling you what they do with your information, and you will find that they do not sell the lists, but may keep them as internal databases.

For all you whingers out there, all you simply have to do is tell the REA what your intentions are, and if you don't want a marketing call or that you aren't interested in the house..i've never seen anyone knocked back for wanting to have a sticky beak inside

Back