Reno timeframes

Hi everyone,

I was wondering from people who have experience in this area - how long would you factor for the following reno. I'm trying to work out how long a project might take.

1. Remove old kitchen & install kitchen (straight line from Bunnings)
2. Upgrade bathroom with new toilet, sink, tiles (using a plumber)
3. Paint (airbrush?) inside 3 bedroom house
4. Carpet laid in house (professionally)
5. Paint (airbrush?) outside 3 bedroom house

Basically how quickly could all this realistically occur for a first time reno?

Thanks in advance

Laurence,

I would say 3 weeks.

2 days strip out
3 days kitchen
3 days bathroom
2 days prep/paint inside
2 days prep/paint outside
1 days carpet
few days for fiddly bits and waiting on things.

Thanks Nathan,

Are those timeframes for one person?

Either way thats a good guide for my planning - cheers.

edit: and if I got the plumber to do the bathroom - then I can do that concurrently with the kitchen?

Hi,

Some thoughts on kitchens.

Last year I did a Bunnings kitchen in a rental house followed by a full install by a kitchen guy in my next house (just completed) - the 2nd install with the kitchen guy wasn't as much as I thought it would be.

* Bunnings kitchen with laminate benchtops, $600 electric stove and cheap sink - $6500 (approx from memory)

* Custom kitchen installed without benchtops $4500, I used caeser-stone benchtops @ $3800 and a $1800 900mm wide gas stove. So substitute cheaper benchtop and stove and its not much different to my bunnings install AND waaaay less work for me :)

It depends how big your kitchen is but my bunnings kitchen took 14 man hrs just to screw together all the flat packed cabinets and draws. It was U shape with heaps of draws so that did make it worse.

The custom kitchen was a visit from the company to measure and quote then 2 weeks wait, then 3hrs for them to install.

Anyway just something to think about. I'm not against using the bunnings kitchens just saying that you may not be saving as much as you think - get some quotes. PM me if you want details for the guy who I used. My gallery has pics.

cheers,

J

Back