Renovating a property in Canberra

Hi,

I live in Sydney and have a small unit IP in Canberra. The tenant has recently vacated and I have received an email from the real estate agent stating the renovations required (new carpet, new curtains, new stove...etc). None of these issues were reported to me, otherwise I would have resolved them...anyway, I am now thinking of terminating my real estate agent and having the unit renovated and then put it back on the market, hopefully with a rental increase.

Can anyone recommend a person/company that does renovations?

Thanks

These may well be things which have deteriorated slowly- normal wear and year- so would not have been reported as a part of normal PM.

What part of Canberra? I may be able to recommend a handyman who could help out.

Its only 2.5hrs away. Why not get some quotes and then drive down for a weekend.

You can buy new blinds relatively cheaply online and install them yourself in no time (even I can do it), or alternatively go to spotlight and get some ready made curtains.

Get onto CraigB from the forum here see if he's still in Canberra. He did a lot of our reno in Duffy, was fantastic, is an investor himself but has various tradie tickets.

Get onto CraigB from the forum here see if he's still in Canberra. He did a lot of our reno in Duffy, was fantastic, is an investor himself but has various tradie tickets.

Hi Mooze

Can you pls PM me his details - he hasn't been around on the forum for a while so doubt he'll respond to PMs.

Cheers

Jamie

Renovating

Thanks everyone,

Geoffw. It is a small unit at Woden Gardens. I have had it for a few years and due to the position have had no problems obtaining a tenant

Thanks

Back