renovations with tenants.

I want to ask about doing a bathroom reno whilst a tenant is in place.
I was just informed that my planned bathroom reno may have to wait until the new year, due to (good)tradesmen in melbourne all busy prior to christmas.
My 1 BR flat is currently vacant and I would have liked to do the bathroom prior to re-lease.
What are my options: should I just offer a shortterm lease and then do the reno once they leave, or is it possible to offer the property on the proviso they allow me to do the renovation.(with a reduction in rent.) After the reno. I'm planning to increase rent slightly, how will they feel about that.
Any recommendations from the forum??
thx

It depends on what options you would give your tenants for having a shower and going to the toilet for the 2 weeks it will probably take to finish. :confused:

Honestly, I'd just find someone to do it now, even if you have to pay a premium. If you want tenants to move out, you'll be paying for a hotel, losing rent and generally risking ******* them off, especially if the job goes over. To then ask them for a rent rise, would be tricky.

Option 1: Pay a premium as stated in the post above
Option 2: Just rent it out.

Renovating while someone (other than yourself) living in there is just painful, and being the toilet its even worse.

Back