Rental contract for those not using PM

Hi All

My sister in law against all my advise has decided to let there home not using a PM as they are moving from NSW to QLD and feel they cannot see the point of using a PM :rolleyes:

My question is does anyone know were I/they can get a contact with the correct wording and stuff to do this ??

Lucky I saw them today as they were just going to draw up a letter :p

Thanks

Martin

In NSW leases can be purchased from a newsagency and bond lodgement forms can be dowloaded from the office of fair trading site.

Clauses that will protect the investors interest however can only be put in place by someone who knows legislation backwards ie an expert pm. If they are writing letters I suspect that their knowledge in the area is not sufficient ;)

I think the people who do "wording and stuff" are known as PM's.

I doubt 99% of PM's have anything to do with "wording and stuff", possibly their governing body pays a lot of moolah to expensive "lawyer people" to draft the relevant documents that these PM's expect LL's to execute without daring to alter...

Of course - the investor is the other party to the contract, so of course you don't want them altering it. The PM isn't the Owner's friend. But then of course, the original poster wasn't talking about that Boods. They were talking about the Lease wording between LL and tenant. That bears absolutely no relation to what you brought up - the paperwork between LL and agent....a whole different kettle of fish.

Bond logement forms

In NSW leases can be purchased from a newsagency and bond lodgement forms can be dowloaded from the office of fair trading site.

In NSW you cannot download Bond Lodgement forms. However they are usually included in Lease Kits sold at newsagents.

Quote from NSW Fair trading site
http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Tenants_and_home_owners/Renting_a_home/Bonds.html

"Bond lodgement forms cannot be downloaded from this website as they have a unique barcode."

You can get Bond lodgement forms from any Commonwealth Bank or from Fair Trading Offices.

I notice most states are moving towards online bond forms and lodgement. So I guess sooner or later all will be electronic.

Here is a site that has rental agreements and tenancy rules for all states.

http://www.rentalagreementsdiy.com.au/

If you go to the consumer affairs website you can download everything you need. OR you can go to the newsagents and get a neat little pack with instructions for about $9.00.

Hi All

My sister in law against all my advise has decided to let there home not using a PM as they are moving from NSW to QLD and feel they cannot see the point of using a PM :rolleyes:

My question is does anyone know were I/they can get a contact with the correct wording and stuff to do this ??

Martin

She could use the services of Be Your Own Agent (www.BeYourOwnAgent.com.au). We provide self-management services including rental collection, as well as documentation such as lease agreements, etc.

Other advantage is we provide full internet and phone access for both the tenants and and landlord to view rent payments, etc.

Cheers...

vic residential agreements

Hi all I was just looking at my lease agreement the real estate I use gave to my tenant and saw they downloaded and printed it out from the vic consumer affairs site

www.consumer.vic.gov.au

In the search bar put RT 1 and the rental lease to print out comes up. The exact same one my real estate agent has used and its free. I dont know about other states but just wanted to share this information. :)

Back