Rented ... a big sigh of relief

I got some wonderful news today.

My 3 T/H development in Essendon, Melb is scheduled for completion on 20th Jan. We started advertising before Xmas, at bad time to start, but I increased the agents reconmended rent for all 3. No.3 went quickly but the tenants, with glorious rep, pushed us down a bit on rent, not being too confident on the market we accepted.

Yesterday and today we had 2 inspections and both took them, no.1 & 2 at the advertised rent ... absolutely magnificent !

The project is being managed by Michael Yardney's Metropole Projects and has basically gone relatively smoothly. I intended to write a thread detailing my decisions and the development process, especially from a non-resident's perspective. Been a bit busy the last 3 months though, culminating with Xmas and a new born on Xmas Day, so haven't got around to it. If anyone's interested I may get motivated.

Anyway I think we'll crack open a good bottle tonight.

Patosan said:
The project is being managed by Michael Yardney's Metropole Projects and has basically gone relatively smoothly. I intended to write a thread detailing my decisions and the development process, especially from a non-resident's perspective. ...... If anyone's interested I may get motivated.

Yes please.... I for one would be very interested in more details on the project. :D

Well done on renting them all!

I would love to hear the story - would be interesting to see how it can be done when living in another country...

Paddy

Well done on the successful project.

Along with everybody else, I would like to know more details.

But, in the interests of not having a thread with lots of people saying "me too", I'd like to ask that nobody else says "me too". Otherwise the thread might get locked- I'd like to leave it open for specific questions only- and even those questions should really wait for your intended new thread.

OK guys I'll get to it fairly soon.

The units are due for handover in 2 weeks with tenants booked to move in on 20th. Let's hope all finishes well. My PM has been great ... giving me updates on progress almost daily recently, which is good since Metropole is still on hols. She got the prospective tenants to do inspections at 7am Wed & Thur, got their applications and bonds by lunch each day.

I didn't expect much activity after New Years till next week, but she claims many of the big agencies have staff on hols so it's a great time to snap up genuinely looking tenants. Rented for 460, 430 & 420 ... I would've been happy with anything over 400 a few weeks ago ... so I'm stoked !

Back